Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to site please help??

new to site please help??

hi all im new to this site, so hoping some1 can help me, i am a mother of 2 aged 3 and 10 months, i have suffered bad panic attacks for the past year to year and a half, i have been on alot of meds, ciltopram, burpar and now they have tired me on protranolol, which is my reason for bein on here now, i started the protranolol last monday, and for sunday i have benn feeling so so ill, pains in head, dizzy, pins and needles, should u stop this med 2nite and go see my gp? has any1 else had these problems with this med? thanks for help pamela xoxoxoxo

Re: new to site please help??

Hi pammy,
    Please give your doc a call first before stopping anything ,although Propranalol doesn't suit everyone it could be the combination you're on that's giving you problems.
    Best wishes
    Decca.

Unhappy Re: new to site please help??

hi thanks for the reply, i am now only on the protranolol but really i think its giving me these pains and feeling more, i feel so so bad 2nite, and cant sleep or nothing, i will phone 2morrow and let them no, im just wondering if there is any med has worked for any1 with panic attacks

thanks pamela xxx

Hi Pammy and welcome. You say proTranolol, but are you talking about the beta-blocker called proPranolol? if so then theres alot of info about them on here and many ppl have experience of this medication. Sometimes people do have a bad experience with them to start with, and some people find that the side effects tend to go on and that they're not suited to them, while others find that after a few weeks the bad feelings are much less and the good feelings take over, so its worth giving them a bit more time to see how you feel on them. But if you really do mean a medication called proTranolol then i dont know anything about these meds sorry but someone else may know more about them.

Beta-blockers slow the heart-rate down and can effect the whole body, as in the digestive system, circulation and breathing, but everything depends on the individual, the dosage and how your body respondfs to them. They are very good at relieving anxiety and helping with heart flutters and ectopic heartbeats, but again everyone is different and all we can do is to share or own personal experiences of the various meds.

Best wishes
    cathy xxx

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time Pammy,
    Why not try phoning the NHS helpline to see if it's ok to stop taking Propranolol dead.then contact your Doc. in the morning.

Citalopram is very good but takes a while to kick in and you can feel worse before getting better.Diazepam is also very good but has to be treated with care as it can be very addictive and you could end up taking more to obtain the same effect and it's very hard to withdraw from.
    ( My son's personal experience )
    I found Cognative behaviour therapy along with short term Diazepam very helpful.

Decca.
    Last edited by decca; 08-07-08 at 09:33. Reason: Footnote added as requested

Unhappy Re: new to site please help??

hi cathy thanks for the reply, sorry for typing mistake, yes its proprantolol, its a beatablock, i can control my breathing, buts its all the dizzy heads, tigh chest ect ect, but i feel worse from taking this med, so i really dont wanna wake up 2morrow taking another tablet and it making me worse,do u know any other med i could make ask my gp about, mayb one with less side affects, thank god i found this website, puts me at piece of mind, that im not going mad, an im not alone, cause sometimes i think other who have never suffered or suffer panic attacks just dont understand at all thanks pamela xxxxxx

The NHS number is 0845 4647 to speak with one of the nurses, if needs be they will get a Dr to phone you back.
    Decca

Your in good company pammy, we've all been there hun.
    thinking of you xx
    Decca.

Hi Cath - how are you doing ?
    Decca

hi does that number do belfast as well? thanks so so much means alot xoxoxo

Pamela, decca is right, you need to speak to someone about how much you are taking...they are not for everyone but it could be that the dose needs adjusting, or in fact that you need to change meds. I was on propranolol from sept 07 til april this year and tcouldnt get on with them. I was on 80mg a day (slow release one pill) and they made me feel very tired with no energy and a bit breathless on walking or going upstairs. Im now on another beta-blocker called bisoprolol but only on 5mgs daily and they seem to suit me better so far, but everyone is different and its definately worth checking it out. Sometimes it takes a while for your doc to come up with the right combination of meds to suit you, but dont just stop them without their say-so as it might cause more probs.

Cathy xxx

Hi dec, am not too bad thanks...hope you is ok too..xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information