Thread: HELP!! anxious all of a sudden!!!

Question Help!! Will This Feeling Pass Or Do I Need To Increase Again!!!

Hi

I've been on this site a few times in the last few months but not recently as everything was going brilliantly. I started citalopram in march on 10mg for anxiety that led to depression. Went up to 20mg 2 weeks later and stayed on them for 6 weeks until I went out drinking (I know I shouldn't have) but I was in such good form and the next day I got panicky. A few days after that the doctor put me on 30mg and 2 weeks later I was once again back to my old self. I have been absolutely great for the last 7 weeks but today I have been anxious and low and panicky again. My 6 year old son just got his school holidays and my parents have gone away so I am alone in the house. I hate being alone and am wondering if this is what subconciously set the anxiety off. I just pray that tomorrow I feel like I did yesterday and that today was just a blip. Heartbroken at the thoughts of them stopping working. My doctor told me to just stay on them till after the summer and forget I was on them and then we would discuss tapering off them. I just really wanted to know has anybody else had this experience on citalopram and did it just pass or did they have to once again up the dose? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love and Light, Ashaxxx
    Last edited by Asha1979; 02-07-08 at 14:17.

Re: HELP!! anxious all of a sudden!!!

hiya cant help with your meds but wanted to give u a huge and things will get better, its surprizing how little things can trigger our anxietys off, even when we been feeling brilliant

Thanks so much donna I will try to remain positive xxxxx

yeah i know its hard but mayb set small goals for yourself and do something that u enjoy and makes u happy so u not thinking to much and u r keeping busy.

Hi

Stay positive and cheer up. Yes you can have some downs as well as up. i am sure you will be fine and just had a blib. Its not always the tablets that cause the blibs it is ourselves.

Best regards

Andy

Thread Information