Thread: delayed anxiety pains in chest?

delayed anxiety pains in chest?

Hi
    Just recently joined the site.

I've been suffering anxiety for nearly a year and have pains in my chest/tightness on & off & had come to accept it's my anxiety but..

Just had a bit of an anxious time with my daughter at the hospital (routine appt & got through it pretty well or so i thought.) I came out of the hospital and had about 5 strong pains in my chest on the left side. My phone rang distracting me & the pains stopped.
    I'm left worrying as they were quite severe, I've never had any checks on my heart, so although I try & accept the anxiety I have doubt because I haven't had any tests.
    should I phone my gp, although her answer to my chest pains is always 'it's anxiety.

Any advice appreciated

Re: delayed anxiety pains in chest?

Hi camomile, if chest pains is a common symptom of your anxiety (mine is heart flutters and ectopics) then i think it was the extra stress of your hospital ordeal. This has obviously made your chest pains worse just as the ectopics get much worse for me whn im faced with extra stressful situations. If your doc is aware that youve suffered with chest apins already and she thinks its only anxiety then shes prob right, otherwise she would have sent you for tests by now i think. For all of us who have had numerous tests over the years id say they are done more for us than the docs!

Try not to worry about them too much, but i know its hard.
    Cathy xxx

Thanks for your reply Cathy

It's made me feel a bit better.

hiya,
    i have these alot!
    i seriously thought i was going to have a heart attack so i went to my gp just to check and he more a less laughed at me!
    but like u say when u dont think about it, it goes away we make it worse by thinking to much about it!
    u will b fine trust me lol
    take care xx

Hi hun,

I know its dame hard understanding anxiety, but hun, you did GREAT at the hospital, please see this.

Look at the evidance, if there was anything wrong, other than anxiety, your phon WOULD NOT have distracted you. I have been panic and high anxiety free for a long time, last night, looking around the site, I had been on awhile, reading threads, I got a pain in the middle off my chest,( I have had this befor) ohhh boy, it felt like there was a golf ball stuck there, but I know dame well, this is my mind, showing me, that is NEEDS to sleep.

When you where in the hospital, you must have been sooo tense, hun, anx pain in chest are very scary, if your mind thinks the worse, they can be very very painfull, if you read through the site, there are lots of people here who suffer the same thing. Your not alone hun. Mine used to stop me in my tracks, cluching my chest.

I have had many, many delayed reaction with anxiety, do well, then BAM, a symptom, I have learned to prase myself a hell of alot. Last week I flew to spain, 2 years ago, I had a pa, this time, mmm, little anx, yeee go me LOL

YOU DID GREAT, tell yourself that, be proud of yourself, look at the pains at a little hiccup, its all part of recovery.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi I also suffer with these pains to mostly on a daily basis and i know deep down its me making them worse, but when i get them because of my health anxiety i think im gonna drop down dead of this sudden adult death syndrome,

I know how you feel but its just our minds playing tricks on us ( i wish i could believe that when it's happening haha)

Jo xxxxxxx

Thank you everyone for your replies. Reassurrance was just what I needed.

Jill thanks for your kind words

I'm so glad I posted.

Thread Information