Thread: Back at work part time after 2 years

Back at work part time after 2 years

and things aren't working out. I accepted this job during a "good" period regarding my anxiety/panic, and I was really looking forward to starting to get my life back and this was the first step. In accepting this job, I have had to give up my therapy sessions because my appointments conflicted with my work hours. I have also had to curtail my exercise routine and my weight loss efforts have come to a standstill. I can still exercise, but not as often.
    The worst part of all of this is that the job is horrible. I work 6 hours per day and I actually do work maybe half the time. So I am just sitting there. No one talks to me, as they already resent me for working part time when they are full time. I have tried to request more work yet haven't really had enough to fill the hours.
    I finally have time to sit here and think about this, as I have been running like crazy since I started working about 3 weeks ago. I have been pushing down these negative feelings and I think now I have to make a decision. :(
    Any advice?
    Thanks for listening.

Hi,

I'm sorry this doesn't seem to be working out for you.

Panic and Anxiety are related to your state of mind, and it seems that you are probably finding yourself in quite a negative situation if you feel so uncomfortable in your job and are losing out on therapy and so on.

However, getting a job is a really positive move and one you can be proud of.

My advice would be to look for another part time job that still enables you to see your therapist and undertake your exercises. Such activities are probably extremely important to you and you probably can't cope with their absence when you have so much free time just festering and making things worse.

Keep us posted on what happens,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

I know for working myself i know how u feel.

But i agree with the last post look for another job while ur still working there so u wont have to worry about money.

Hi sickofit, sorry you arnt getting on to good in your job, but often people are like that untill they get to knoe you better? but have to agree with Ray (Clickaway) on the rest. take care. Vernon

Hi sickofit

I worked from home for 7 years but it was repetitive and mind numbing and i had no one to talk to on my own all day it was awful, so yes i would strongly recomend now that you have taken the plunge to go back to work, that you look for a job that keeps
    your mind active,and fits in with your other interest, well done for taking the plunge and going back to work in the first place xx

kairen x

Sorry to hear that you aren't happy with your work. It must be boring sitting there with nothing to do - is there no one else you can speak to about more work coming your way?

Hi ,

Sorry to hear its not forfilling work and not an enjoyable atmosphere either. It is unusual these days to be in a job where you do not have far too much work to do...

As you've not been there long is the work likely to pick up ? as for your colleagues , they may be resentful but as you're totally new it cannot be you personally that they are against so whilst you're still there maybe looking for another job try your best to get olong with them, they may not be as bad as you think once they've got over this part time thing.

If you have access to the www at work, with your spare hours, you could do a free online course or some form of self development whilst you're passing the hours.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information