Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alone

aaaawwww poor Vern!! I am the same Vern. I hate it when Ed isn't here as I can't stand being alone. Don't know what I'm going to do when he gets a job. Hope you are ok!!

Hi Vernon,
    You have saved my day once again, my whole lot have gone to my youngest son's cup final (footie) i couldn't go, cos of the way i am, i feel awful.. all of the old anxiety has come back, i couldn't sleep for days, i am on my own so much of the time, but today, firstly i felt guilty not going (had loads of excuses) and secondly, i cannot get them back quickly if i need to (i don't norm ally but cos i can't i feel so scared. Forgive me vernon, for going on about myself, but when i read your post, it made me cry, i feel so alone, and scared too, although i know we'll both be fine..as usual. As for going shops, i'm exactly the same, if someone is at home, i can manage, some days, to go to my local shop, how weird is that, I can not believe that 'cos i'm on my own i can feel so bad why? as i have said, i spend most of my time alone, hubby works nights and the kids all do their own things anyway, gosh i'm sorry to have gone on xxxx

Vern,

you said that its not being alone that you fear most, so i asked what is it that you fear, thats all.

Regards.
    Florence.x

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**

Hello Vern,
    I always feel anxious when alone....the minute the door shuts i can feel it coming on.
    I worry what will happen if i fall really ill and there's no-one around.
    You will be fine today!!!
    Take care.

thanks all I agree with most i think its the fear: what iff's again as we think we might get ill.

Flo i meant scared alone without wife mostly, If the kids are with me even though they are all teens and older it dont comfort me like wife being here.

OK I understand a bit better now. thanks.

Take care.
    Florence.

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**

hey vern,
    is your wife back now?
    i know exactly what you mean - i get so nervous when my boyfriend goes out for longer than around half an hour. it doesn't help having other people round, i just want him around because he knows how to deal with me and he makes me feel safe. i know i also get scared that i'll start feeling unwell and he won't be here to help etc.
    my way of dealing with it is to try and do stuff without him while he's at home, like going to the supermarket or post office or whatever. but i don't really know what the solution is!
    hope you are feeling better,
    henri x

hi vern hun,

you know the answers to your own questions and what u have to do about it, give yourself a bit more credit, i think you are doing great mate cos u know what u need to do, you have the right ideas just put them into practice xxx big hug

kairen x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information