Thread: this happened today

this happened today

first off, last night i did some heavy drinking til prolly 4a.m. which is not at all good for anxiety but at the same time i have bad social anxiety so it relieves me of that and helps when i go out...

so i stayed with a guy friend last night and practically slept all day and woke up around 3p.m.
    still feeling a bit hungover and the longer i was up the more anxious i felt. i had to leave and my heart was racing as i was thinking about leaving...i guess i was just thinking about saying bye and what i was gonna say so i left and as i was driving in my hometown where a lot of people talk bad behind my back, i started feeling anxious. im so used to it that i thought it was bareable and would go away once i got home. well it didnt. it got way worse as i got on the interstate, i started getting a tingling in my hands and then in my legs. about 5 minutes later i was completely crippled. i could not move my fingers or toes and had to pull off on the side of the interstate. i've had some pretty intense panic attacks but never had anything happen like that. has anyone else had something like this happen to them? i thought i was crippled for life ..this is so frustrating. oh and does anyone take xanax? thats what im prescribed to for it but yeah i do drink with it.

Re: this happened today

someone reply please! :(

Hi,

I always get like this when i've drank too much. I usually wake up in the moring with a funny taste in my mouth. I get constant pins and needles in my left hand and arm and i have 3/4/5 or more full blown panic attacks.

I spoke to my doctor about this and he assured me it was the alcohol. He advised drinking less (doh!!) and avoiding anything with caffine in it ie coke, red bull, lucazade etc. I have cut out caffine totally the day before and two days after I drink now and it helps a lot. I try to limit my alcohol intake, but its not always easy! My doc says that after a heavy night, your body is weaker, therefore your mind is weaker and less inclined to fight Mr Anxiety. Sounds simple, but I know how hard it is!! The more you accept it and understand why it's happening, the easier it will get.

Xanex and alcohol are a major no no. Try to avoid that combo at all costs. Its very dangerous and addictive. Try get by without one or the other.

I hope this is of some help to you

Take care,

Dee x

hiya i feel awful next day if i drink too much and i dont do it anymore, my anxiety goes through the roof and i feel dreadful. drinking too much with meds is a really bad idea too hun, you will feel better soon but after lots of alchohol it may take 3 or 4 days to feel right.

Hi

I have suffered with anxiety for twenty years plus and used to drink because I thought it helped to calm me down and it relaxed me in social situations which \i find difficult. The next day I would feel terrible, not just hung over, but really anx. Now I don't drink at all and haven't for five years, and I feel sooo much better. I am tackling my social anx without drink and find that I can still enjoy myself just as much, maybe even more because I don't worry about the after effects.

Hi I'm Ian from the UK. I find that overdoing the booze is a major cause of my PA, which is why I now take considerable can on my alcohol intake. I'm far from perfect and have improved, whih doesn't mean I don't drink anymore, but I am very careful. I am 49 and as I've got older I can't the drink like I used to and too be honest the nausesia and subsequent PAs have resulted in me missing out on a lot of things. It is a slow process and learning curve, but you would be better off cutting down and planning your drinking times e.g. at weekends only, in nice soical situation and reducing the intake.

Thread Information