Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Happy to see....

Hello, Happy to see....

there is support for this sort of thing, I really didn't know what to expect or where to turn. I have been having morbid thoughts almost all my life in some form or fashion and until recently just dealt with it. I'm at the point where it became very concerning for me which is why I am here. I don't think I'm a psychopath but I guess maybe there is little OCD making me feel like I am (sort of oximoranic). Well, I am 38 recently married and expecting our first baby. While sitting next to my wife I had horrific thougts that became very concerning. Why or how I could have visions of such things is beyond me and frightning. I'm also frightened to think what someone would think if I mentioned details to my thoughts (to be honest) I'm scared just writing about it here. reading some of others expereinces is helpful. I hope I can handle this.... Thanks for listening

Re: Hello, Happy to see....

Distracted,
    One huge advantage of posting on forums is being able to write private thoughts and share them publically for the whole world to see while remaining anonymous.

I read lately, possibly here, our darkest most negative thoughts find their way to the front of our mind and consciousnous.

I find that engaging in the process of identifying your life's vision - your destination, where you want to be in 5 minutes , 5 years, 50 years - and committing to it helps tremendously to guard against morbid and dark thoughts .

Imagine if the rest of your life is a family vacation. You have time, budget and Eł of life (energy, enthusiasm and experience) but no destination. The vacation or trip will likely have much less value than if you have a identified destination and itinerary.
    You'll likely spend less time picking up on the trip's shortfalls.

My point, you have lots going for you. And now with a young family on the way, you'll have the opportunity to relive your youth through your child while you build its future and yours going forward.

I'm older than you, but one thing I now know that I didn't a while ago,is to ask for help. If you feel you need help, see a psychologist, see your doctor. There's nothing wrong with that, even after it's a bit late, but better sooner. Worse case, it will cost you a few bucks to have an expert tell you, you're ok

hi distracted
    i think everyone has dark thoughts at some point in their life, if this is realy taking over you need to talk to someone,eg doc or coucellor.

sometimes it is scary to talk about these thought patterns, even embaressing, i sometimes sit and think think think it gets out of control, to the point that i feel like hurting myself to stop or maybe take my mind away from them. but i dont. i used to, now i try and do something constructive, swimming, tennis it helps to burn off some mental energy aswell as physical. it takes your mind away from it a bit, music is a big factor in my life, it helps.

i dont know what you have tried but maybe give it ago.
    i also meditate, sometimes even then my mind sort of goes crazy, but i just ignore it and let it happen after a while they seem to calm down.
    good luck to you, and i hope all goes well with baby, believe me that will be a big destraction for you lol, its a lot of work i have 4 myself and they keep my mind on its toes. some days i dont get time to go to the toilet nevermind think. you will be fine.
    always remember they are only thoughts nothing more. all the best xtafflassx

hi hun

welcome to nmp

the forum is here for us all to share our difficulties provided u follow the rules nmp u will be ok posting re any worries

there are probably ppl exeriencing just the same as u hun

anx is such a hidden disability, rarely understood by non sufferers, and the mental distress caused is so mis understood.

pls use nmp to aid ur progress to recovery

milly xxx

Hi Distracted,

Welcome to the site. Being recently married and having a baby is a huge step in ones' life. It is also very stressful. Your life is sort of out of control. If you have OCD that sets it off. I suggest you see a doctor and/or get counseling if you continue to feel badly about yourself. Thoughts are only thoughts. The only problem is if they continue to harm your self-esteem you need help to retrain them. Congratulations on the new life that is about to come into your world. It is an event that is life changing and wonderful.

Take care,

Laura xxx

Hi Distracted,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Good luck with the baby!!
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi Distracted

A warm aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Distracted and

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

Hello Distacted And Welcome ......wish Ya Well..........linda

aboard xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information