Thread: Lady's please!!!!

Lady's please!!!!

Hi lady's.I was told a little while ago that I had polycystic ovary syndrome.I had a scan but there were no cysts found,so Im confused!!!! Well I had blood tests that showed I had higher amounts of testosterone than normal and this was causing the excess facial hair ect.It gets me so down.I feel so unfeminine.Does anyone else get like this.
    How do you cope?
    They never offered any sort of treatment,except the pill,which when you want children you dont want to be on.My partner supports me 100% but I dont feel good in myself. It gets me down,but when Im haveing a good day,I say what the hell.But thats not very often.

Re: Lady's please!!!!

Hi Ellen, sorry you're feeling so down. I only know what ive read about having an imbalance of testosterone, which is not that much im afraid, but i understand you not wanting the pill if you want to start a family. However, i would have thought the docs could give you oestrogen only supplements or something to help redress the balance to enable you to conceive, as im not sure if you would be able to if levels of testosterone is higher than it should be? Im sure one of the other members would know more about it anyway.

But in the meantime have a hug and hope you feel more positive soon.
    Best wishes
    Cathy xxx

hi ellen
    i have polycystic ovary syndrome the cycsts can and do burst then known as loose fluid this is what causes pain inflamation .i had an ovary removed at 16 due to it becoming very large small mellon size outher ovary also full of cycsts but not as bad please try not worry about having children i have 2 pefect kids 1 boy and 1 girl . at 1 point i didnt have a period for 18 months but taking the pill for 6 month redressed this although it did cause very heavey periods a few months later i was expecting my first child

if you want to chat about it let me know
    helen x

Ellen

I have to say tho having met you in person I dident notice any hair!!!!!!

I thought you are a very attractive lady

Kaz x

Thanks for that Kazz,Im lucky cos I have fair hair.
    Thanks puresugar and Cathy.

Hi yorkylover.

I know what you are going through, as I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome(well there is a lot of confusion there, as they can't say for deffinite that I don't have it, but they are treating me if I do have it) I hope that makes some sense.

I do have a lot of symptoms though, I don't think I have cysts either. I am sure I have read some where that you can have polycystic ovary syndrome without having the cysts.

What symptoms do you have, you don't have to say on here, you can pm me if you want to.

I do now what you are going through, . I got told to loose weight, and take the pill to help regulate my periods (as I have trouble with my periods etc) but I don't want to take the pill as I am worried about the blood clots risk side of things, as my dad has blood clots in his legs and has to take warfarin. sorry not sure how to spell it.

I have got some links to discussion website regarding the polycystic ovary syndrome if you are interested. I am not sure if I am allowed to post them on here or not. If you would like them please pm me and I will send you them.

Once again im sorry if my post is not helpful and hope you can make sense of the above.

SHYGIRLAJB

Hiya,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS for 7 years now, I was told to take the pill and it would sort it'self out but the pill makes me so depressed and mucks up my tum that I stopped.

When my husband and I were TTC I was put on Metformin and that was amazing, it brought down my periods from 80+ days to a decent 30 odd. I concieved sucessfully in a normal time period. Maybe ask you doctor about metformin as it is commonly prescribed for people who have PCOS.

In addition to this I focus on Low GI foods and try and excersise as much as possible. I also have acupuncture and since them my periods have been 35 days apart which is normal for me. I get extra hair but I wax it or spend ages pulling it all out that is just embarressing!! but hey I don't feel half as bad these days, I swear the pill doesn't help it made my life worse.

I get a very greacy face but control that now as well. It's nothing to feel bad about and it is managable maybe look into a course of acupuncture.

Take care,

Jane

Thanks Jane,I get a really greasy face,especially round my chin.But my nose and forhead get dry!!!! Cant win!!!!!

Thread Information