Hi there,

I'm mostly on the health anxiety board as my anxiety shows itself in multiple forms! I've never really liked flying, but I love travelling and am currently living in South Korea teaching ESL- I love it! However, I had a bad and scary flight from Osaka to Seoul awhile ago and am now terrified of the 14 hour flight I have to endure back to Eastern Canada (and then back again to Korea after three weeks). I'm absolutely convinced my plane will crash. I have yet to convince myself that I am perfectly safe. I desperately need to take this flight as my mother would never forgive me if I didn't come home. Plus my boss is paying for the entire thing... so... no reason not to go, right?

Please help me! I need advice, encouragement- anything you can throw at me to pump me up for these flights. I am up all night every night now, worrying about a flight more than two weeks away. So, so scared. My doctor gave me xanax awhile ago for my OCD and health anxiety, which I never took. Would it be a good idea to have it for the plane ride?