View Poll Results: Did your MRI turn out to be OK?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it did.

126 86.90%
  • No it didn't.

19 13.10%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many members have had an MRI that turned out OK?

How many members have had an MRI that turned out OK?

Re: How many members have had an MRI that turned out OK?

I have had 3 MRI's, 2 EEG's both came back abnormal - apparently if you have severe migraines they are supposed to come back abormal, and 2 Cat Scans. All of these tests were performed by Neurologists for migraines that I have suffered with for 30 years. They have found nothing to cause them.

Take care,

Laura xxx

Ive had 1 MRI

I initially had labryinthitis (so the dr told me), so i was dizzy 24/7. I googled, got anxious and worried, and thought Brain Tumor or MS. More anxiety symptoms then appeared such as muscle twitching, limb jerking, sensitive patches of skin, weak arm, muscle pain, as well as my first panic attack.

MRI came back fine with the final result saying "Normal Study"

Its been 10 weeks now and im slowly getting better. (touch wood)

Had a brain MRI coz I was feeling dizzy but I googled and convinced myself of the worse, drove my doctor mad, hence the referral. Of course everything was normal.

Looking back, I feel silly and panicked (I blame Dr Google). Should've listened to my doctor and stayed off the internet ........oh well, it's done now and have a healthy brain

I have had one mri and 1 eeg both were fine, i fainted last year and fainted for the second time in a year without a reason so i got sent for scans, when i was younger i suffered with migraines and it still came back ok.

I had migraines and headaches and had a full MRI (the scans are facinating of the inside of the head by the way) your eyes are out on stalks like snails! Nothing wrong of course, and I was convinced I had a brain tumour.
    Still now when I have a bad migraine I think to myself how can 'nothing' in my head cause so much pain?

I had an MRI to scan my back to see if there were any spinal nerve issues causing pain in my right leg. It showed up normal (couldn't find the cause of the pain), so I had a localised nerve test (ouch) which also showed nothing so they have concluded the pain is muscular. I guess I'm glad (at least I know it's not something serious).

I have had three CT scans and an MRI scan over a period of 10 years. My first CT was when I was 16. After 10 years of being bugged for an MRI my GP finally gave in when I noted (and alerted him to the fact) that one of my pupils was smaller than the other.

I know what Catwoman means - the MRI came back clear, but everytime my head hurts I convince myself that it is a tumour or aneurysm that the scan missed - despite being assured by many medical persons that an MRI would not miss anything large enough to be dangerous.

Sometimes when I go through a really difficult period a scan is the only thing that seems to be able to bring me back from absolute terror, though I'm working really hard on CBT so that I don't have to rely on scans when I become unwell!

Thanks for the poll, is't really interesting.

When I had my original MRI, the nearest place at the time that did them was a private hospital.

I was told by the nurse in outpatients that if I couldn't make it I should let them know asap as the procedure cost the hospital £500 each time.

Fortunately by the time I had my MRI my own local hospital had their own machine.

I wonder just how much each MRI costs the NHS?

I had an MRI in March i'd been having pain like toothache down one side of my body and a few bits of numbness. I was CONVINCED i had a brain tumour or MS, but everything came back fine.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information