Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

Exclamation Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

Hiya
    Just wondering if any other people with emetophobia experience a sense of anger and rage when someone is sick?!! i know it sounds weird but i am a very happy and passive person until someone is sick when i suddenly get this rage of anger and have a go at the person! An example of this is yesterday i was looking after 2 kids and my colleague wanted to take them to the cinema which i hate anyway ! but i the kids wanted to go and my colleague doesnt know about my phobia so i had no choice but to go. Anyway we sat right at the back and the cinema was completely empty so i thought yeah i can do this. Anyway then this woman and her 3/4yr son come in and sit right infront of me and she says to him "tell mummy if youre gonna be sick again!" so at which point im thinking OMG get me outta here! and why on earth have u bought an ill kid to the cinema u silly woman!!! anyway i felt really anxious but coz i was with 2 kids and my colleague i couldnt move or show them so i sat there. then 5 seconds into the film the kid throws up and i could smell it and i felt this rage go over me and i said "you stupid woman fancy bringing an ill kid to the cinema it is so selfish!" anyway she took him out and i had to move seats coz of the smell but when my colleague went to the loo she said dont go in there as it was all in there and it was over the carpet! it was disgusting!! However i was very proud i didnt have a panic attack but cant understand why i get these angry rages! hmm???

Re: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

Hi Maeanna

I'm emmetaphobic too and I do remember getting very angry once at work, a job I'm no longer doing, when a work colleague came to work with sickness etc. I didn't think it was fair that I too should be subjected to these germs from someone who knew they were ill before they came in. I ended up having a massive argument and leaving because I just couldn't bear to be near this person. It was a very small shop, there was only one toilet and only me and him there. He was really quite ill and I just couldn't cope with it and be 'normal' enough to face customers. So I do understand where you are coming from.

I don't think it is rage, I think you are just sensible. Why would you take an ill child to the pictures??? I think you did so well to cope with it. I would have probably legged it!!

Im the same Maeanna!!! I cant stand it when someone is obviously ill but still goes to work etc and I think how selfish they are coming in and spreading it!!! And being sick in a public place again i think why did they do that its so inconsiderate!! Of course it isnt there fault at all and they dont know that we suffer because of it.
    Dont worry your not alone!!!

Lee x

Thanks! i am sooo glad its not just me!!! ) x

I can def relate. If I hear anybody say their stomach hurts or they don't feel good, I automatically ask if they are going to get sick. One evening me and my fiance were driving somewhere and he got ill in my car!! It was my worst nightmare! I have always been terrified of that happening and it really came true. I totally freaked out on him. I had a horrible anxiety attack, couldn't breathe, shaking terribly, and kinda blacked out for a min. I literally was screaming at him, telling him I hated him and just totally freaking out. I wanted to sell my car and just leave it there and walk home. He knows I have the phobia and didn't do it on purpose. It just hit him all of a sudden. So I know what your going through. I am going to try and see if there is something that can help me because I just can't take living in fear of people sick everyday. Hope that makes you feel better.

That must have been horrible for you i'd probably cry you was very brave to just sit there and not say anything i'd probably just cry.

Your defo not alone on this 1! I get so angry whenever some1 even says they feel sick, i start losing it and mummble to myself in my head and then start thinkin things like how dare you get sick near me! I was on a doubledecker bus cumin home from work a while ago and this lad was gettin off the bus and threw up everywhere as he was waitin to get off. I was in such a state, people on the bus were more lookin at me rather then the lad who had just puked everywhere. I was cryin, shakin and screamin at the poor lad to get of the bus and callin him a filthy animal. I had to walk through his sick to get off the bus and i got off at the stop afta him cause i was in such a state and needed to calm down. This was my worst nightmare, i felt so ashamed of myself and the whole bus was lukin at me, i just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me rite there and then.

Oh you poor thing, that's awful. That's my worst nightmare, I think I would have been angry enough to hit the bloke instead of feeling sorry for him or being concerned about his health! I was once out walking with my boyfriend who was feeling poorly, he suddenly started to be sick and before I knew what I was doing I ran faster than I'd ever run, and didn't stop till I was about a mile away! My heart was pounding and I felt really confused, I was worried he'd be ill at home so I didn't go home for ages. He ended up being really concerned about me even though it was him who was poorly.
    I don't want to end this post on a negative note, so it's fair to say that if you compare the number of times you go out/get on a bus and don't see a person being sick, with the times you go out and do see someone being sick, it is fair to conclude it is a very rare event, and not likely to happen again soon.

Thanks nettles, i hope it never happens again cause i don't think my body cud take the stress!

Hi

Yes I feel very angry when are people are vomiting! I have no idea why I feel this way but it especially annoys me when people are sick if they have drunk too much or are ill and come to work. I don't go on the bus if there is a drunken looking person in the queue!

My husband has been sick a few times with a tummy bug and I hated him when got it. He really needs some tlc when he's poorly but I just cant bring myself to be nice, instead I make him clean and clean the toilet again! I know its not nice when you're ill and someone is angry at you for being ill, but it's my way of reacting towards to this horrid phobia. Not nice. *touch wood* he hasn't been ill in a long time. I shouldn't have posted this now! lol

tc
    Vx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information