Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

Re: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

thanks for ur replies! im so glad im not alone!) x

I don't get angry but i get very ashamed and embarressed because of the fuss i make.

I even get angry when someone on TV (ie Casualty) throws up, and my OH says what do you expect it is Casualty
    I think I get angry because I'm scared. My OH has had a few bus rides where people have thrown up and I got angry about it even though I wasn't there, partly as it sounded like one of those time it was a hungover teenager who threw up on the floor and they had to get a different bus out to take over cos of the stink, this was in the middle of nowhere too.
    Another time I got off in the middle of nowhere as this 12 year old kid was about to throw up in a bag, I was angry as I overheard his mum said he'd refused to take his travel pill
    And if someone with a tummy bug struggles into work it's annoying as they are spreading their germs around and that is plain selfish
    I also realise how irrational I sound saying this

Ali Black - It doesnt sound irrational at all to me!! )

Goodness gracious, yes. I usually end up running away. >__> I cannot stand being around someone sick. It's not good for me or them, because I lose it and I cannot handle it. v__v;

You're definitely not alone, I got quite angry when I was on a university late night bus taking us all to a club and someone was sick right by the doors where we all had to get off. I was even more annoyed as he'd only been sick because he was drunk...GRR!!

I would certainly get angry at the woman who took her son to the cinema when he was ill. Not only is it unfair to the other viewers but also to the staff who had to deal with it.

xx

Unhappy Re: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

Hey Maeanna,

I am really pleased someone else gets angry!! I was recently on holiday with my mum and dad and we all had to share a room. I was having a lie down cos I had a sore throat and my mum comes up to bed for a lie down too. Eveything was fine until I suddenly heard retching. I leapt out of my bed but I had to run past the bathroom, and I screamed thanks alot, you selfish c*w, and ran downstairs to the lobby where my dad was, I explained to him, I was having a mild panic attack and he called me selfish and so uncaring for leaving her!! I didn't want to have to leave her honest. I just hate this emetophobia and I wish it would GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am one of the kindest, caring people you could meet, but not when it comes down to sick.

Beth x

The other night I put the tv on and it was I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, which I hate anyway, and Joe Swash was eating something foul and retching, and I went panicky just at the sound, and rushed out of the room with my hands over my ears! I was shaky for a while afterwards, and then felt angry that anyone would find that entertaining. I felt really sorry for him as well although I guess he brought it on himself! xx

Well i have two young children my eldest is only 23 months and he gets sick all the time and he has done tonight i get really angry because of the stress it causes me, not only can i not deal with the situation but it causes me to have panic attacks and my whole lie gets taken over with severe anxiety for days afterwards as im scared to death of getting sick myself. I dont understand why people would want to go into work or into a public place and spread their illness around, it makes me so angry. Last year we all got Gastroentertiis and i was pregnant with my daughter and typically i eneded up with it the worst and was hospitalised for a week, ever since then ive been dreading the winter all year and now my son has been sick my mind is on overdrive i am absaloutly going out of my head, i wish i could get over this i really do x

its so great to read all your messages and realise that its more common than i thought!
    Beth- i once called my sister a fat b***h and punched her because she was ill after eatin too much!!! (i was 13 and have refrained from violence since!!! and we do still get on well!) but i am a nice calm person who hates violence and wouldnt stick up for my self in a fight!!! but with this phobia it seems to take over!

Samira - I couldnt watch any of that episode of celebrity! so well done! and u rationilised it too and felt sorry for him!

Louisstressed - try and stay calm, i kno its hard coz i actually work with kids under 2! but have learnt not to panic and stress infront of the kids coz i dont want them to get this phobia. i just walk away take deep breaths and then go back and clean it up! (wearing gloves! and with lots of bleach) . even tho im shaking and panicking inside! and feel proud of myself that i managed to do it! so dont be too hard on urself - hav u tried any cbt or hypnosis or relaxation techniques?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information