Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

Wink Re: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

You are not alone! I think quite a few non-emetophobes would get quite peed off too!

We had some friends around the other week and a colleague of my husbands brought his unwell son, who had a tummy ache and had been feeling ill for a while. Luckily he was ok but I was very peed off with them (as i was convinced he was going to be sick) and I almost threw them out of our house.

It does make me mad.

My sister in law and neice both had the norovirus last week and even though the little girl was still heaving on thurs morning my sister in law almost sent her back to school on the friday (within 48 hrs). Her reasoning was because she was heaving and not actually being sick (only because she was empty)- It made me very cross. Those people are the ones who deserve to catch the bugs as they show no consideration for others.

Anyway rant over! I am totally on your side though!

Chloé x

Quote Originally Posted by maeanna View Post
    Hiya
    Just wondering if any other people with emetophobia experience a sense of anger and rage when someone is sick?!! i know it sounds weird but i am a very happy and passive person until someone is sick when i suddenly get this rage of anger and have a go at the person! An example of this is yesterday i was looking after 2 kids and my colleague wanted to take them to the cinema which i hate anyway ! but i the kids wanted to go and my colleague doesnt know about my phobia so i had no choice but to go. Anyway we sat right at the back and the cinema was completely empty so i thought yeah i can do this. Anyway then this woman and her 3/4yr son come in and sit right infront of me and she says to him "tell mummy if youre gonna be sick again!" so at which point im thinking OMG get me outta here! and why on earth have u bought an ill kid to the cinema u silly woman!!! anyway i felt really anxious but coz i was with 2 kids and my colleague i couldnt move or show them so i sat there. then 5 seconds into the film the kid throws up and i could smell it and i felt this rage go over me and i said "you stupid woman fancy bringing an ill kid to the cinema it is so selfish!" anyway she took him out and i had to move seats coz of the smell but when my colleague went to the loo she said dont go in there as it was all in there and it was over the carpet! it was disgusting!! However i was very proud i didnt have a panic attack but cant understand why i get these angry rages! hmm???

Re: Do any other Emetophobes have this??!

I have the same and I think it's more to do with fear than anything else. I also get very angry with the news/papers because I'll just be getting over a fear and I'll have worked hard to try and get it out of my mind, then I switch the TV on and there are headlines like 'SICKNESS SCARE'. It's like they're trying to worry people and it's unfair when I've been trying so, so hard to stop.

End of rant. *blush*

Hi, I'm new!

But OMG though, I have been so embarrassed about the RAGE I feel when someone is ****. In real life, on TV, doesn't matter... Only a few months ago I broke ANOTHER TV remote - by throwing it at the telly when someone on it was **** unexpectedly. I'll be completely overcome with anger and hatred and rage rage rage. I didn't realise this was so common for emets.

I remember telling a girl in my group, during our first week of college, that if anyone was **** in front of me and it was self inflicted, I would want to stamp on their head. Really, that is how it makes me feel. I wasn't too popular for a few weeks

Oh how I can relate to these posts! I thought that I was the only person on the planet who felt this way. Iv`e always felt angry at people who vomit, I know it`s not kind, but I always think " why couldn`t you have held it in, or taken an anti-emetic, & of course, how dare you come out in public with a tummy bug, spreading it around you disgusting human being! I even feel angry at myself for throwing up in the past. I think that we`d all be better off if we didn`t have the ability to vomit, like rats & horses because I know that most vomiting is not necessary anyway.

i'm gonna have to stop reading these posts. it's tempting to take a peek because i'm an emet, but it's like more fodder for my brain to work on (when it's already in overdrive regarding this subject). ridiculous isnit it, you have a fear but then have to look at stuff about it. i'm sure that doesnt make sense.
    oh and i think the anger is a way of expressing the fear maybe? i'd be pretty angry if someone made themselves ill on purpose. in fact, when it comes to binge drinking that they show on tv reality shows (e.g. 999 emergency which focused on alcohol related stuff recently) i cant stand the way people make themselves ill. i mean, what is the point????? prob doesnt help either i had 2 alcoholic brothers. i hate anything to do with excess alcohol. the only favour it did me was put me off the stuff. i've never had a hangover becasue i was too scared of doing you know what (and then i'd have been angry with myself forever)

Quote Originally Posted by ajones473@yahoo.com View Post
    Oh how I can relate to these posts! I thought that I was the only person on the planet who felt this way. Iv`e always felt angry at people who vomit, I know it`s not kind, but I always think " why couldn`t you have held it in, or taken an anti-emetic, & of course, how dare you come out in public with a tummy bug, spreading it around you disgusting human being! I even feel angry at myself for throwing up in the past. I think that we`d all be better off if we didn`t have the ability to vomit, like rats & horses because I know that most vomiting is not necessary anyway.
    Gah! I'm like the nicest person in the whole world, but I think the exact same as you! Someone at my college said they felt 'sick' since they woke up in the morning, still went to college and a few hours later they had to vomit. I was like, "For god sake! Why couldn't you have just stayed home since you've felt sick as soon as you woke up?!"
    I feel like a really harsh person and everything, but when I see someone vomit, or going to vomit, it triggers off a really bad panic attack for me and I can't calm down for ages. :(

I totally understand these posts, lol, I find myself saying WHYYYY WHYYYY just stay in bed and be ill!! Seriously!! Why would you wanna go out if you were vomitting anyway? I hate vomitting, but I'd much rather do it in the comfort of my own home.

Also, we forget, that vomitting is in fact necessary. It's triggered by a tiny part in our brain which is there to detect toxins. It thinks something will cause harm, then it'll do it's job. If we didn't have this, we would allow the bug/etc to get into our system and be ill for longer!!

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

I feel the same, I can normally hold off from puking with sheer willpower, & can`t understand why other people just let rip wherever they are. another thing that really p*sses me off is that people seem to get sick over the slightest thing. Oh how I wish that humans had stronger stomachs!

YES! omg never thought about it before but people puking up and being sick annoys me and I do get angry..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information