Thread: being patient waiting for Citalopram to kick in

being patient waiting for Citalopram to kick in

I was on Citalopram, 30mg, before Xmas for a few months after a breakdown but had to come off it in March because I had some seizures and it was thought I was epileptic and it could have been lowering the threshold for seizures.
    Well, it turns out I am not epileptic and I obviously needed the C/pram because about 3 weeks after I came off it I had a big crash. I was put on Moclobemide which did nothing for me, then when the epilepsy was no longer an issue I was able to go back on C/pram.
    That was 5 weeks ago, I started back on 20mg and had a fortnight of horrible side effects, nausea, foggy head, bad anxiety etc etc, we all know them! I felt a bit of a lift the 2 weeks. Then after 3 weeks my psychiatrist upped the dose back to 30mg, because that had worked well for me before, and the side effects came back.
    I am so sick of being patient and wishing my life away (I always seem to be waiting for a couple more weeks..)
    Next Tuesday I'll have been back on them for 6 weeks, and am hoping and praying that I begin to pick up after that..
    Only posting for sympathy, you understand.....

Re: being patient waiting for Citalopram to kick in

hey u got it matey

im on 30mg and waiting for hosp to say increase. i suspect that theyll be the usual coupole weeks side effects that goes along with any change, but anything must be better than the anx itself surely.

keep at it

milly xxx

thanks Milly!

The trouble is, I was in such a bad state last year when I went on C/pram that I did not realise about the side effects or how long it would take till the meds started to make you feel better...I thought everything was down to the depression.

I am much more clued up now, but that means I am a bit too aware of how I am feeling every minute of the day if you know what I mean!

Got Lorazepam to tide me through as and when I need it, but I get anxious about taking it too often.

yes but being clued up and not numb as i was first time allows u to ask for help so much earlier too hunny.

mine is no way near as bad this time round

take care

mill xxx

Thread Information