Thread: Feeling really jittery!!

Unhappy Feeling really jittery!!

Hi everyone
    Feeling really jittery today and have had a bit of vertigo or something like it last night. I went to bed feeling dizzy and the only way I could describe it is that everytime I put my head back on the pillow or turned over in bed I felt as though I was on a deck of a ship. I have looked it up on google and it had a funny name but sounds like a form of vertigo. Does anybody elsehave these symptoms and do you all think it sounds like vertigo,I am panicking thinking it's pressure in my brain or something worse. I haven't got it when I am walking around just when I lay down. I get very anxious at night anyway and now this has made it worse.I had a little radio on to take my mind off it last night but I have my palpatations today as well and feel as though I am not breathing properly.
    Feeling really worried today so I can't wait for monday when I can go to the docs AGAIN!!!
    Love Mothermac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Feeling really jittery!!

hiya hun i just wanted to send u a and hope u feelin better

hi mothermac
    i have had exactely the same thing as you. as soon as i lie down in bed or turn on my side i get dizzy and it has really scared me. and the next day i am always jittery and scared that it will happen again the next night but i never does. it seen to come in attacks. i may not have another one for a year or so. i have had this off and on for about six years and nothing has happen. so it cant be sinister. but i know it is very scarey and makes you very upset for days. i hope this helps
    love debera

Quote Originally Posted by mothermac View Post
    Hi everyone
    Feeling really jittery today and have had a bit of vertigo or something like it last night. I went to bed feeling dizzy and the only way I could describe it is that everytime I put my head back on the pillow or turned over in bed I felt as though I was on a deck of a ship. I have looked it up on google and it had a funny name but sounds like a form of vertigo. Does anybody elsehave these symptoms and do you all think it sounds like vertigo,I am panicking thinking it's pressure in my brain or something worse. I haven't got it when I am walking around just when I lay down. I get very anxious at night anyway and now this has made it worse.I had a little radio on to take my mind off it last night but I have my palpatations today as well and feel as though I am not breathing properly.
    Feeling really worried today so I can't wait for monday when I can go to the docs AGAIN!!!
    Love Mothermac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is no need to go to the doctors. I suffer from vertigo and I am on Serc 18, mine is caused by an arthritic neck which affects the blood supply to the brain causing vertigo. Sometimes when I lie in bed the whole room spins.

When you go to bed lie down and try not to move because each time you do the little hairs in the middle ear that 'tell' the brain which way up you are get confused, so stay still.

Found this, Moving the head, changing position, and turning while lying down often worsen vertigo.

Hi Mothermac,

I had something similar to this years ago when I first had my daughter the doc said it was labrynthitis. (in normal speak this is like a little infection in the middle ear). I cannot believe I am being so matter of fact about it but at the time I was convinced it was a brain tumour and the doc was lying to me because I had just had a baby.
    NB my daughter starts high school in September and the brain tumour doesn't seem to have materialised.

lots of love

Debbie

I go through spells of this, and i am going through one right now.
    It comes on all of a sudden and can last a few days, or a few weeks.
    I will lay down one day and go so dizzy for a few seconds, and that sets it off, from then on everytime i lay down, move my head when laid down, or get up from laying down i will go awfully dizzy for just a few seconds

Can come from the stomach or the inner ear.

Thread Information