Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Re: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

nic how u getting on?

milly x

My sister had to come off the mini pill because it made her so bloated and gave her constipation so I wonder if that might be adding to the mix with you.

Also a friend of mines sister used to have terrible pains like you describe when she needed a No2 but only at period time.

Our bodies are well weird arn't they!!!!

Piglet

Posting again sorry is this right can you have urine probelms with IBS? Its everything what i have got???????????????

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Written mostly by Pips, with contributions from Charlie and Meg
    Pips and Charlie are IBS sufferers and Meg is a RGN (Registered General Nurse)

Symptoms of IBS

Don't be alarmed as symptoms do vary from person to person. One, some or all of the following may be experienced by an IBS sufferer.

• Abdominal pain
    • Abdominal spasm
    • Diarrhoea /Constipation and constant altering between the two
    • Rumbling noises and wind
    • Bloated stomach
    • Urgency - a need to rush and open the bowels
    • A feeling of incomplete emptying of the bowels
    • Incontinence if a toilet is not nearby
    • A sharp pain felt low down inside the rectum
    • Nausea, belching and vomiting.

Some other Non - Gastrointestinal features of it can be

• Painful periods
    • Pain after sex for women
    • Pre menstrual tension.

Urinary symptoms

• Frequency - Needing to urinate quite often
    • Urgency - Not being able to wait to urinate
    • Passing urine at night
    • Incomplete emptying of bladder.

Piglet & Laura - thanks for the info

Milly - the pain is quite bad today and I have lost the number of times I have been to the loo and it is now getting really sore if you know what I mean

Can I assume the mucus stuff that comes out is par for the course as well

C700 - I guess you can yes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Strange you saying that I was off sick last year they told me i had a viral infection...then they said low mood/panic/anxiety but it was actually all part of my menopausal stuff wether they say its premnopausal or menopause it still makes you feel crap..moody (could fight with a feather some days) ...lol...tired/lethargic/headaches/migraine/backpain etc.
    I started being pre-menopausal they told me when i was 43 as i was having very heavy periods, but my gyneacologist gave me tablets called 'Tranexamic Acid' and they are brilliant they slow the flow down and ease backpain and cramp that goes with it....best thing ive ever been given. The girl next door to me is on them too as and shes having similar probs and she says theyve really helped her too. But i get very little and they are scanty now...thank goodness.
    But the worse thing out of all of it was my panics and anxiety returned after all those years without them it was like WHAM back with a vengance from nowhere..or so it seemed
    I know doctors dont like to admit that if your under 50 that you can be pre-menopausal or in the menopause as the text books say 50 and over...but its rubbish. My mums friend went through it all by time she was 37, and my friend at work hasnt had a period for 3 yrs and shes 46 now..no flushes or sweats either.
    But the doc will be able to hopefully put your mind at ease soon.
    Did you ring to see if you can get a cancellation?
    Take care and hope your feeling better
    xx
    Last edited by lesleya; 14-07-08 at 19:22.

Thanks Lesley.

My panic all came back about 4 weeks ago when I was under the weather and then started feeling faint all the time and then got the throat problems back and hence the panic!

I just about have it under control now so I will ask them about hormones.

I didn't ring the docs - completely forgot lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi nic I was just worried...The tablets i mentioned arent hormone replacement treatments theyre just for heavy periods and pain etc.
    Ive never been offered any hormone replacement therapy or help, as the gp practise i have since i moved out into the sticks are absolute rubbish.
    But if does turn out to be a hormonal problem you have i hope your gp can help ease you through it....good luck hun. Let us know what they say.
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Can I assume the mucus stuff that comes out is par for the course as well
    Eeeeewwwwww!! Yes you can cos I had that too when I had the big horrible bout of IBS that kept me running from the bathroom to the bedroom and back again for about a month.

I had to do a sample in a tin tray to be then put in a jar with a spatula - I can't tell you how foul that was, I was retching the whole time and when I wasn't retching I was poohing - oh eeeeeeewwwww all over again remembering it. The things I share with you people!!!

Piglet

Just to recap on my brother, who has Crohn's. He was waiting on some test results to see if he also has IBS, and got them today, and the gastroenterologist said the tests werent absolutely conclusive but that he was almost certain he has it....but, he pescribed anti-depressants (10mg) for it and said it might help because it will realx the muscles or something.

Has anyone else been given these to treat IBS symptoms at all?

Cathy xxx

I went to see GP this morning and explained all the symptoms and in particular this pain in the groin area.

We talked about my irregular periods as well and she decided to do an internal examination and took some swabs.

She said that the area I am getting the pain in could be a problem related to ovaries, womb etc but could also be related to the Crohns.

She is going to write to the consultant I see about the Crohns and see if he will see me again asap to check it isn't that but she also wants me to go and have a scan on my womb and ovaries.

No idea what that involves though - anyone had one? Please don't tell me they shove you in one of those claustrophobic tunnel things to do it.

Pain is really bad today so haven't gone into work. Been to the loo 5 times already today so not a good day for me

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information