Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Hi all

I don't usually post asking for help but I refuse to google this so posting here.

I was diagnosed with Chron's disease earlier this year but was never really told much about it. I was also told that I probably have IBS as well

My periods have been a bit sporadic as well - sometimes I am on for 2 weeks at a time.

Anyway the problem is acute pain in what I can only describe as the area above the pubic area. No idea what organs are there!

It is even worse when I need to go to the loo (sorry TMI) - acute pain and very very painful.

So is this IBS, chrons or womens problems?

Open to suggestions as I refuse to google it.

I tried to see doc but can't get in until 21st July at the earliest

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Hi Nic,

I have IBS and I've never had pain in that area. As for your periods being off, even though you are young you could be perimenopausal and it could be causing them to act up. A blood test can tell you what your hormone levels are, saying that, your levels change from day to day. I don't know much about Crohns but will look it up for you as I agree you should not google. If I come up with anything that sounds familiar to what you are describing I will let you know. I hope you feel better soon.

Many hugs,

Laura
    Last edited by Southern_Belle; 13-07-08 at 14:27. Reason: spelling error

Thanks Laura

I am sure it it IBS or chrons but blimey it hurts so wanted reassurance

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi,

I googled Crohns and it said you could have abdominal pain as in the lower intestines, fever, fatigue, and diarrhea. It also said that Crohns and IBS are related and I know I have abdominal pain when I have flares of IBS. It seems like with Crohns you also get flares. It states that various treatments for Crohns are steriods, anti-inflammatory meds, immune modifiers (as you have to have a low immune system to get this or it is heredity), and antibiotics. I would say antibiotics would be necessary for an infection which can also happen but I think it is rare. This disease is a gastro problem. Did your doctor put you on a special diet? Also, do you have a fever because if you do that would indicate an infection to me. I can't believe they are making you wait so long with this diagnosis. Huge Hugs.

Love,

Laura
    Last edited by Southern_Belle; 13-07-08 at 14:26. Reason: spelling error

I have IBS, admittedly I'm male but I also have pain in the same location which isn't always eliminated by using the bathroom. I have pain elsewhere which is usually relieved or moved by using the bathroom. The pain in the area you're talking about only usually comes on for an hour or two occasionally and eventually passes only once I feel "emptied".

Don't know if that was any help but pain in that area doesn't usually behave in the same way that my other IBS pain does.
    Last edited by Cococj; 13-07-08 at 03:00.

Hi Nic
    I have ibs and im in the menopause too and i get pains similar to the ones you describe, so it could be a mixture of both. I get crampy pains around the pubic bone/bikini line area and sometimes backache at the same time....oh the joys of being a woman! so it could be your pre-menopausal too. But get your doc to check you out.
    Thats a disgrace that you cant see your gp till 21st july...by law now they are supposed to see you within 48 hrs now or if you think its urgent the same day.
    I hope your feeeling a little better now though.
    Take care

Does anyone take Diazepam for IBS ? and does it help ?

Decca.

Quote Originally Posted by lesleya View Post
    I have ibs and im in the menopause too and i get pains similar to the ones you describe, so it could be a mixture of both. I get crampy pains around the pubic bone/bikini line area and sometimes backache at the same time....oh the joys of being a woman! so it could be your pre-menopausal too. But get your doc to check you out.
    Thats a disgrace that you cant see your gp till 21st july...by law now they are supposed to see you within 48 hrs now or if you think its urgent the same day.
    I hope your feeeling a little better now though.
    Take care
    That is interesting about the back pain Lesley as I have had back pain for about 3 weeks now and put it down to being overweight and hunching over my laptop.

I usually have to allow about 1.5 - 2 weeks to get to see my doctor and as I said above there is no chance of any appointment next week with any doctor so they don't abide by the 48 hour rule here

I have ibs and so does my daughter, we both get the pains in the same area as you, but my daughter has them alot worse than me, i think your periods is a seperate issue, are you on the pill, i know with mine i can be on for weeks at a time or not for months.

di xx

Hi nic, my brother has crohn's and he is a member of the National association for Colitis and Crohn's disease (NACC). You can visit their website an see what they are about. They give loads of info and have a help-line and email address. The website is for sufferers and their families, and some ppl take part in Fun Runs to raise awareness of the disease.

He doesnt give me the finer details of the condition as he experiences it, but i do know that he can be in alot of pain in the area you describe, maybe because its an inflamatory bowel disease and thats the bowel area. He has to have a colonoscopy every so often to remove polyps. They are harmless but uncomfortable, but i dont know if its all connected to crohn's. He's waiting for results at the moment to see if he also has IBS because of the awful bloating he gets, so theres obviously a link as the other members say.

I also agree that the period problem is probably a seperate issue and a blood test would tell you if the hormone levels are a bit off balance.

Take care
    Cathy xxx

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information