Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Re: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Hi Nic,

Sorry your not so good at the moment. No I havent had this done, so I can't help you there, but can just say that Im thinking of you.

xx

Thanks EmmaJane

I did google scans and I don't think it involves tunnel things lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No nic, the scan is the same as they give you when you're pregnant, on your tummy with the gel and the monitor screen thingy. I know what you mean about the tunnel thingy tho...noooo waaaaay!

Thanks Cathy

I have never had a baby so didn't know what they would be doing lol.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh and they might ask you to drink loads before you have it, coz a full bladder makes the womb easier to scan.

Well if youve ever seen anyone on tv having a baby and having one of these scans its just the same in reality. Its not painful at all and only takes about 5 mins or so. I was also surprised when i went for my heart checks last month and they did this type of scan just under my left boob to scan my heart...amazing!

But in the past ive had them for womb probs too, heavy periods etc.

I now just have to wait for the appointment - no idea how long that will take and hope to see the consultant about the Crohn's asap as well.

I hope all goes well anyway with the various teste etc. im flying over to uk tomorrow eve but ironically i wont have as much access to computer as i do here! I wont be back in germany til september but will be meeting one or two of the other members on my travels in uk, so in the meantime take care nic.

Cathy xxx

Hi Nic,

I had a scan on all my internal organs including my ovaries, bladder etc cos I had the same pain that you are experiencing and was convinced that it was my left ovary. It did involve placing gel on your stomach and passing a probe over which is completely painless. They told me they thought I had a sensitive ovary as they could not detect any cysts etc but unfortunately with me they also found a 6 inch fluid filled cyst on the tail of my pancreas which I am waiting to see if they are going to leave or drain as it is causing me some discomfort now.

I also suffer from IBS or so I have been told although I never have had a colonoscopy to rule out anything else and sometimes when I get that pain it hurts when I press down near the ovary area and then disappears when I have a bowel movement so I am still none the wiser what it is.

Hope you feel better soon

Nikkixxxx

Oh Cathy - let us know where you are in the UK when you can. You never know you may be near me!

Have a lovely trip

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information