Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Re: IBS, Crohn's Disease or womens problems?

Yes could be. im starting off in wolves with one daughter, stafford with another daughter (meeting granny primark lynn here) then llandudno to see my son (meeting milly jones here) and prestatyn to see my mom...oh and liverpool to see my brother, so take your pick! pm me if you think i might be nearby at any point and you can grab me while im passing....

TUT TUT Nic,
    No googling....Altohugh I have today aswell lol xx

EJ - I am not a serial googler though I should really google the Crohn's and get some advice on that lol.

I don't have HA as such so it isn't too bad for me to google but sometimes you come across something you wish you hadn't read don't you?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nic,

There is also such a thing as an ultrasound scan. If they suggest this to you it is different than what the others have described. I've had two done and it isn't what you would think it would be. I thought it would be like what the others have stated where they scan the outside. PM me if you want further details. Hope you are feeling better.

Laura xxxl

Laura

Thanks will PM you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I went for the Ultrasound today and turns out I have fibroids and an ovarian cyst. That will explain the pain then I guess.

I have to go back for a 2nd scan in 6 weeks to see if the cyst has grown in size or even gone!

The fibroids will go once I get the menopause apparently.

Just thought I would update the thread anyway.

Fibroids are also responsible for heavy bleeding. Im surprised that theyve more or less told you to just put up with them until the menopause (this is because they shrink away without oestrogen to feed them, and of course no oestrogen means no periods) but am i right that you are only in your 30s? fibroids can be very slow growing i know but to expect you to put up with the discomfort they bring until you are in your 50s is a bit off beam for me. They can deal with fibroids surgically if they are very troublesome.

Cathy V.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy V View Post
    Fibroids are also responsible for heavy bleeding. Im surprised that theyve more or less told you to just put up with them until the menopause (this is because they shrink away without oestrogen to feed them, and of course no oestrogen means no periods) but am i right that you are only in your 30s?

Thanks for the reply
    Oh I love you Cathy I am 42 (just wish I was 30 lol). She said I should go back to doc and discuss things in 2 weeks time so I will ask her then. Tried to make an appointment today and can't see her until 8th September

Hopefully the cyst will go away on its own.

Ooops about the age but 42 is still young when you might not hit the menopause for another 10 years.

There is a procedure where they can tie them off so that no blood supply will get to them and they shrivel and disappear. Sorry to be so graphic but just meant that it doesnt always have to result in hysterectomy which i think alot of women think is the only answer with fibroids.

The ovarian cyst could well disappear of its own accord, yes. I was told i had one some years ago but not now.

Oh nic glad youve found out at last and hope its put your mind at ease a little.
    But what a bummer though you get rid of the fibrioids when you get the menopause.....dont know which id rather have being honest.
    Are they going to do anything for you hun.?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information