Thread: back to work full time

back to work full time

back to work full time

i have returned to work fulltime and i love it.i am in the privalleged position of being a director of my own company running a flourishing recording studio,and i am a composer,as some of you know.the difficulty is that i cant ease myself back in,i have to jump on a very fast moving conveyor belt and get up to pace or risk being left behind,a fear that has eaten away at my confidence since i relapsed in jan 05.so far i am doing very well and have recieved a warm loving welcome from the other directors.they are concentrating on my 'people skills',my ability to manage clients who are voice over artists,many of whom are kids as we are an accredited childrens agency for v/o.this is wonderful as i am able to relate so well to kids,and to shore up their often fragile confidence.the composing work has never been a problem and it is very flattering to hear my work under so many projects.but i am tired,sooooo tired.i often cry on the way home out of sheer exhaustion ,but when i get home i am met by my beloved wife and children and their welcome is like a roaring log fire to a cold man.wish me luck folks as this is the biggest challenge of the last few years and i am determined to prevail.i will never deny what was done to me as a child,but in the same way that you increase the strength of an arched bridge by adding weight,i feel strong and the more i do the more i can do,and i wish to be defined now by my ability,not by what was brutally taken from me as a boy.
    i am having an extended period of nightmares,i go through 2 or 3 sets of clothes per night waking up soaked.i then take the girls to school/childminder,walk the 2 miles back,have a rest for an hour,then onto the motorbike and off to work.
    i get home about 7 and am in bed by 9.30,after a couple of cold beers!polarise,the name under which i write,has released a new album,release ,called 'nurse predator'and it is a collection of the darkest work i have ever done,documenting my experiences of being raped and beaten,and ,oddly enough,i feel liberated by its nature,it stares right into the face of abuse,and in doing so makes me realise how beautiful life is now,i looked at my wife this morning and it was like seeing an angel,'my god you are the most beautiful girl on this planet'
    tears now,warm welcome tears run down my face out of sheer love for my 3 girls,beth,megan and my mig.
    whilst i am very engrossed in the routine of work for now,i do not forget you all for one second,and will try to pop in whenever i have a moment at work,i cant even switch the computer on at home now,im so sick of them by the time i return home!
    a healing deep ocean of utter love to you all,bless you and keep you safe
    ade
    kindness will always find its way home
    Last edited by ade; 15-07-08 at 10:20. Reason: spelling.

Re: back to work full time

awww ade wot a really positive and delightful thread, welldone hun for striving to get there and having the strength to pull u through. u sound like u have a wonderful wife and family and i am sure u are gonna do just fine. enjoy life and dont waste a moment of it. i always try to stay positive over most things these days its helped me through alot. hugs to u xxx

wow ade

what a super post

really glad u are living life again

please dont overdo it tho hunny, its easy to get wrapped up in the i must do my best and forget me attitude.

ur life does sound wonderful and the precious words u use about ur wife and family made me gain a lump to my throat, wish i was thought of so highly.

lots of love for ur continued success

milly xx

Hi ade. No matter how far into the future we go our past will always go with us, and we can only do our best to live with our demons. It always a personal journey, but in talking and sharing the 'grief' with ppl who understand is always good therapy....and for you your job and your music of course. Tiredness often comes from a tired mind transferring to our body. keep the faith... you'll make it.

Good luck with the albumn and with your continuing recovery, and as donna says, pop back now and then to 'see' us!

Best wishes
    Cathy Vxxx

Hi ade
    It was lovely to read your thread, to see how positive you are, looking forward to the future. It sounds like you have a lovely, loving family which always helps us when we are going through our 'struggles'. Making the album must have seemed like a welcome release for you. I was advised years ago to try to write down each upsetting experience I had gone through then to tear it up and 'let it go' as it no longer had the power to hurt me.

It is great that you are now able to go back to work, take it easy and try not to tire yourself to much. I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

to you all.
    Diane
    'Remember, your imagination is always much worse than the reality'

Hi Ade,

I wish you much success in both your career and the ability to work through the nightmares and banish them forever. I know working on the album must have helped bring you to this new road in your life. I know that all of this must seem overwhelming to you right now but I think you will be able to adjust. You are much stronger now. You also have the support of your loving wife and children. You are truly blessed but then again so are they! Good luck to you and please know that you will be missed and we are so happy you are not leaving us totally. Also, don't forget we are always here for you if you ever need us.

Take care,

Laura

Thread Information