Thread: Just back from Dr on Call

Just back from Dr on Call

Just back from Dr on call. Haven't felt well all day, pressure head, bad mood, pins and needles. tightening of chest, heart fluttering, feel as though I'm goin chock. Sorry back to the point, Dr checked heart..... ok, blood pressure....ok, breathing.......ok. Told me to go home and keep takin Betta blockers. I though I was doin well this weekend as i have been in good positive form and even managed to go out with hubby last nite.......... Now i feel as bad as ever, dreading going to sleep, in case my heart stops (stupid i know) etc... I don't know if I can take much more..... Have had conselling etc so I keep distracting myself and thinking positive and tryin to get rid of negative thoughts..... the thought of keeping going like this fills me with dread..... Keep tellin myself, this is a relapse, but each relapse feels worst than the one before............. sorry for goin on and on but when you try and tell Dr etc how your feelin it sounds mad........ Have to try and relax, and stop worrying about my heart and all the other unpleasant systoms.

Sorry for going on and on, but it would be great to hear if anybody feels they are nuts or can offer me advice at minute.... xx

Jacqui xxoo

Re: Just back from Dr on Call

Hi Jacqui Doll,

I can really understand how you're feeling with all the symptoms. I get them as well. It can be so difficult at times - the constant worrying & feelings of dread. I also find that there are times that I feel more positive than others. It can be so frustrating! I think that when I start feeling better that I then start putting pressure on myself to feel like this - which can then lead to more anxious feelings like 'will this never end?' etc. I am trying to accept how I feel - the ups and downs - and think to myself 'It's just the anxiety again'.

Although, it isn't easy at times - with all the old doubts creeping in: 'Is my heart going to stop?' 'Am I going mad?' - I think that the more times you go through these symptoms & feelings and nothing 'bad' actually happens - the easier it will get.

What you were saying about distracting yourself, thinking positive and trying to relax are good ways to deal with the anxiety. I must keep doing these myself!

Hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

All the best xx

i can relate toeverything you have said i am having a really bad week and wekend and everything you have said is exactly what i am going through and yes everyone you have feels worse than the last but thought the tablets might have worked but i must be on brain overtime cause they are not working or they r but brain is beating the tablets if that makes sense

If you heart is going to stop it is going to stop whether you be awake or asleep. At least if you are asleep you won't know anything about it.

Go to sleep and forget about your heart let it get on with it's job, keeping you alive.

Thanks everyone for your advice. It really is mind over matter..... though that is easier said than done. Went back to my own DR's this week..... hubby came with me. He put me on more med, so hoping things get there. xx

Jacqui xxoo

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui doll View Post
    Thanks everyone for your advice. It really is mind over matter..... though that is easier said than done. Went back to my own DR's this week..... hubby came with me. He put me on more med, so hoping things get there. xx
    Try and be strong. I know it is hard, my worry is my cats (especially my oldest Siamese who is 14) he has only got to sneeze twice and I worry.

Hi hun I get all these symptoms ...my heart has every flip n flop known to man ..it can go on for 15 some nights I wake up wiv me with out a break....some nights my heart can miss every other beat..... im still here been having it 2 yrs now.... stress ..every time i walk my chest feels like my heart isnt beating but when i take me pulse it is .... but it is fluttering x read my blog hun its all there xxxxx

Thread Information