Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for the laydeez...

One for the laydeez...

Hi - I've noticed that my anxiety has been really bad in the last couple of days and it coincides with being pre-menstrual. Does anyone else notice that it gets worse at that time and that it's a regular pattern?

Exx

Re: One for the laydeez...

Hi There,

PMT makes a lot of peoples anxiety go through the roof!!! (mine too)

So you are not on your own there are loads of us on here that have the same problems hun.

Karen xx

Ellida have you tried Agnus Castus? I too had awful bouts of depression and anxiety around my period. Infact I only had about 10 days a nmonth when I felt ok'ish. I started taking the Agnus and after about 4 weeks of being on them I can say I did ( hubby even commented) notice a difference.

Louisa

Hi

Yes that certainly sends mine sky high I turn into an absolute monster and the tension I get is horrible. I also want to cry alot around that time for no reason at all.

Carol

Hiya
    Its taken me a few years to realiseit, but yes my anxiety goes off the scale just before, during and after my period, so really it can affect me for about 10 days every month, not funny. Lol theres a lot to be said for being a man i reckon
    POLLY

i agree poll

mine gets really bad, and the pmt tears, when everything is the end of the world lol

its all a hormonal nightmare

milly xx

hiya Girls

I have noticed a dramatic change in my anx just before I am due a period its like a gradual build up feel like everything is going to explode, start getting hot flushes, increase in severity of panic attacks, increased worry etc etc seem to notice everything a lot more, eat more junk or carbs feel absolutely murderous re things I would normally take no notice of other times of the month.

When the bleed actually starts I feel sh** physically but mentally feels like a black cloud has lifted.

Men huh they don't know the half of it.

Lots of Love

Debbie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yeah, I'm like that, and like Milly I get very emotional as well as anxious, mine is so bad I went to the doctors and was told I have PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) which is basically like PMS except instead of getting narky and short tempered I get very very upset and tearful. There isn't much for it, apparently, at least not within mainstream medicine, so what my doctor suggested was that I double my antidepressant dose for three days before I'm due on and three days into my period (I'm on prozac). I have to say it has really helped, I still feel low and teary but not as dreadful as I did before. xxx

Ok, i do sympathise but don't have periods now that im an old bird, so all i can say to you girlies right now is......yaaaaaaaay!!

No seriously i remember it all very well and the ectopics/flutters were really bad just before a period, as was the breathlessness. But something i remember reading one time about this was that because you can get water retention at this time too, it affects all of the tissues of the body and swells them, and thats why you get swollen fingers, feet etc, but it also swells the lung tissue so you can feel breathless.

Dont know if anyone else gets this pre-period?

Cathy xxx

Oh yes! My anxiety symptoms triple around that time of the month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information