Thread: Numb Feeling in Neck

Numb Feeling in Neck

Ok .... Its 4am here ..... and i just had some twitches in my neck and jaw area ..... and then a bit later i started getting this numb feeling in my neck and jaw area ....... then i felt like i couldnt breath...... i also drank some water but couldnt feel it go down (but it did)

is this anxiety ? Anyone had this feeling ? What is it ?

I just went and got dressed incase i have to go to the hospital

Really i feel like im going insane with all this crap going on. I never used to be like this and i just cant understand why im going through all of this now.

This might sound stupid ..... But ive been worried about ALS/MND lately ... i wonder if this is it appearing in my neck/face ?

Re: Numb Feeling in Neck

Hiya. From the outside looking in at your symptoms i would say its the old anx. When we let anx take over we examine every twitch, every ache, every swollen gland etc. Your symptoms wouldnt have bothered you in the slightest if you didnt suffer with health anx. This wouldnt have been on the radar let alone a symptom of serious illness. Its really proof how much a part of our lives anxiety controls.

Try not to worry, im sure you are fine.
    Take care
    Cathy

....oh and i can fully relate to the getting dressed for the hospital part...i remember well lying on top of my bed night after night, almost fully clothed in case i had to call the emargency services and go to hospital (because of the heart attack i was waiting for!) still waiting.....

Last night i was just sat around, minding my own business, when my chest tightens up, and the left side of my neck and arm start to go a bit numb.
    I have bad anx over my heart, so this set me off worrying like mad. But guess what, im still here. If it was anything bad i'd have known about it by now, 24 hours later. The feeling passed after a while.
    If you are feeling anxious you may have altered your breathing with or without knowing and this can bring on numb feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy V View Post
    ....oh and i can fully relate to the getting dressed for the hospital part...i remember well lying on top of my bed night after night, almost fully clothed in case i had to call the emargency services and go to hospital (because of the heart attack i was waiting for!) still waiting.....

lol thanks cathy ..... perhaps it was anxiety ...... i feel like an idiot making this post now.

Thread Information