Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: end of world fear

end of world fear

hey everyone,i have this fear that the world is going to end soon, a lot of people say that its going to end in 2012 because an asteroid is going to hit the earth and i can't stop thinking about the fact that we are all goin to in four years,i can't cope with this kind of fear and worry. any advice?
    Please reply ASAP
    Many Thanks
    Louise

Re: end of world fear

It is speculation Louise - don't you remember all the other dates that the world was going to end ?

They have all been and gone and even the Millenium - remember that? They said everything would shutdown and guess what???

It didn't

Why waste your life worrying about things like this - get out and live - forget all these prophecies cos they are all cr@p basically!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was told the world would end before I had my first child,
    I worried endlesly, I went to see mediums and fortune tellers and everybody as I needed to know at exactly what date and what time this was going to happen.I worried loads, but my eldest is now 27 so try not to worry too much about it,.

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

okay thanks, that has made me feel a bit better. also i'm at home alone at the miniute so i have a lot of thinking time. i guess i'm scared of the thought that if the world does end in 2012 i will only be 25 and that not enough time to acheive the things i want so i'm gonna miss out. any advice welcome?
    love louise

Ok so let's assume the world is going to end

What would you do?

Make the most of it I guess - so go and do that now! Don't waste time thinking about it.

If the world ends you won't know what you have missed out on anyway so why worry about it?

You are stressing yourself 4 years in advance of something that is 99.9% not going to happen

That is not good for you or a good outlook on life so try and change that.

You could be run over by a bus tomorrow so live each day as though it is the last and don't think this far ahead - it will drive you mad!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Being alone always exaggerates things,
    Im alone and when I get these thoughts I try to do something to take my mind off it, luckily I love music so play lots,
    I also write things down, and then challenge them.Write the pros and cons,etc, it does help,
    Things are very scarey, but we are all here for you, post on here.
    xxx

I agree with Nic, I worried so much about dying before things are sorted, eg finances, and even to the extent of leaving the house clean and tidy, and all filing correct etc,then I realised what will be will be, i dont spend time worrying or thinking about it anymore now, as I cant change the future.xx

We are more likely to die of starvation and not be able to afford to eat, drive to work or heat our homes at the moment lol

True

I wouldn't worry about asteroids Louise. There are literally thousands of people watching the night sky for near earth objects. If there is an object then NASA as done a lot of research on how to deal with them. Don't forget that NASA as already landed a unmanned vehicle on an asteroid. So the next step would be to construct a vehicle that would push the asteroid away, so it won't collide with the earth. Stop worrying, it's all under control,

Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information