Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It does bring me down sometimes...

It does bring me down sometimes...

I feel bad posting this, as I know others out here are in a worse position than me, but tonight I feel I need help.

For ages I have battled with anxiety and panic, wondering if I will get though something challenging or not, and never feeling ‘off duty’ from the panic, but so many things are starting to worry me. I am 30 in a few years and I just don’t feel it, I feel I have been robbed of my youth and I want to achieve things my anxiety just wont let me. I feel no one understands me and when I do get friends to listen, I just don’t get proper support. When I do achieve something it feels tiny compared to everyone else and things are so easily taken from me again.

I try and be strong so much and I wanted to be able to help others on here, but what do you do when you feel you’re in a hole and wasting your life? I wanted this summer to be so different, but its going so fast.

Sorry for the moan.

Re: It does bring me down sometimes...

Hi jamie, dont be sorry, you're obviously suffering. Can you tell us what your anxieties are? we'll listen and try to help best we can.

Cathy xxx

Hey Jamie

I wonder if you have low self esteem, cos I have and that's what prevents me from seeking help. If you could use some help and support, you will get it here, without being judged or criticised..............so fire away, that's what this site is for
    xx

Hope u feel better today
    Hope xx

Thanks for the replies.

I do have low self confidence. I keep feeling like I am not good enough and like I am wasting my life. I wanted to do such much with my life, I always had plans and feel like that’s been taken away from me, and as a result the more I think about it, the more down I get.

I also think of the past too, what ifs and how it would have been if things would have been different and I wouldn’t have lost the people I have from my life.

Guess I just want something positive to happen and dealing with panic attacks and anxiety for well over 10 years makes that so much harder you know?

Thanks for listening to me again

Hi jamie. Sometimes we have to make the positive things happen, they dont usually come knocking on the door. Sometimes also we have to let go of the things or people who dont support us or love us for who we are...even if illness has changed us a little, its still who we are. You have to try now and say to your anxiety that 10 years is quite enough to fu*k up my life thank you, and make new goals for the future coz there are loads of things a still young person like you can acheive.

Cathy xxx

hi hunny

anx is so hard isnt it.

nmp is about supporting and being supported in a safe place.

i tell more here than i do in counselling, and never feel judged for my fears

there are some wonderful members, some of which uve already met here ^^

love milly xxx

Thank you for all your kind comments. But this week my life has got me even more down. It feels like I will never get there, just when I sort one thing out, something else happens.

i feel the same way jamie. one thing is for sure your not alone

Hey Jamie
    I have anxiety at times, so much so it throws me into this dizzy panic! I hate it, it's not how i imagined my life would be, but i try to keep busy and believe or not i find talking myself down does help. I try to focus on all the positive things about me and there are lots. Like you i sit and think about all the "What ifs" I can't change them, wished i could, so i just hope that with each day that passes it'll get easier. Oh and btw i am 40!!! this year but i don't feel it, the worst part is i look a lot younger as well BUT I AM 40 :P

Hi Jamie, I am going through something similar. I have just turned 30 and in some ways I am no further along the road of life than I was ten years ago. I have spent a lot of my life wishing I could go back to being younger so I could appreciate things properly and live my life the right way.

Some of those feelings have come back now that I am suffering from anxiety. I suffer from "time pressure" where it feels like too much time is going by too quickly, and I feel that I am not doing enough with my life -- it's a feeling that I have to justify my existence to the world (or, more likely, to myself) and at this time I cannot fully justify it.

It's not a nice way to feel and I am still looking for a way out of it. All I can say is it does get better as you start to accept yourself and as you start to get better from your anxiety. Just because we haven't found an answer to it yet doesn't mean we won't one day.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information