Thread: please help, advice needed

please help, advice needed

hi,
    please help im so scared, my breathing patterns are acting up again, last night i was sat reading when all of a sudden it felt like i couldnt breathe,it felt like i was not getting much air, only lasted about 20 seconds, still very scary, this morning i was washing up when all of a sudden i thought i was going to stop breathing, obviosly i never but its really scared me, ive started being jittery again because of it, im so scared im going to stop breathing or collapse, please help
    love sue:(

Hi Sue

You will be fine Ive been like that alot recently its horrible....I dont know about you but its been since Ive been doing my breathing exersises because you are really focusing on your breathing?. One minute I feel okay and the next I think have I missed a breath?what if I stop and so on. You will be fine hun you were still breathing last night and you still are now its just our minds playing tricks on us!. If you get bad cup your hands around your mouth and breathe in and out slowly and slow it down. Hope you feel better Sue big hug X

thanks kirgray,
    i hate it it feels so real, im worried ill collapse or worse its keeping my anxiety going,
    luv sue x

hi Sue,

You are breathing fine hun - it just feels like you aren't. You will not collapse - you will be fine..

Sarah

Hi Sue,

I had a similar thing happen to me a few days ago and I know how horrible it must feel. I get the shortness of breath feeling then get all dizzy and feel like I want to pass out. I close my eyes for a second and put my hands on my stomach to remind me to focus on breathing from there instead of my chest. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Sue

I know you worry about your breathing hun, but you are breathing and it will be fine trust me, you wont stop breathing at all.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Sue

Gosh , I cannot count how many times I worried too about stopping breathing, about my heart stopping and fainting...And the conviction is so strong that you really are believing its gonna happen ...But amazingly it won't happen because this is all anxiety and worries.
    I never collapsed before , and god , so many times I thought I would!
    You will be fine Sue .
    Take care

Florence.x

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**

Hi Sue. Its ok you will be fine .I get that feeling aswell but i tend to get it when im trying to go to sleep.Is very worring but you dont lose your breath.Hope you feel better soon.

Frances Gill
    Love & Respect to you all...

It is medically impossible for a healthy person to stop breathing - just like that . It is all controlled from within on blood gases levels.

Try holding your breath- eventually, much against your will, you will take a breath.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Sue

How is it going. You have had some good replies and read some more posts on the forum. You wont stop breathing so dont forget that hun. I know easier said than done but it is true.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thread Information