Thread: exhaustion

exhaustion

hi all

as you may know i have had acute anxiety, for 3 mths,am improving slowly.

what i am wondering if it is normal to be completely exhausted, some times i cant even walk down the road, and have to have alot of rests.

do suffer with palpitations and breathlessness, but put this down to anxiety, but surely exhaustion shouldnt last this long

any advice would be great

Hi Longie,

I notice that I get more exhausted whenever I get feelings of anxiety. For me the feelings happen during times of stress and what ends up happening to me is that all I want to do is sleep. One thing that I remember helped me at the time is exercise.

hi Longie,

Anxiety can completely tire you out. After a panic attack, I sleep for days. It really does drain you and the way you are feeling is completely normal..

Sarah

Hi Longie,
    I sometimes can't credit just how anxiety can make you feel so physically poorly and yes exhaustion is right up there.
    I can feel so faint and weak with real jelly legs that I'm convinced won't support me walking home from the shops.
    When I told my Dr this, his first suggestion was to build up my fitness levels sensibly with gentle exercise.
    I've been doing this for the last month and I have to say I do feel much better and feel much stronger on my pins, which in turn helps my confidence (I got a stepper machine but just walking is brilliant).
    He also suggested yoga over 18 months ago and without a doubt that has become my favourite way to exercise.
    Love Piglet

Hi Longie,

I have also recently suffered for acute anxiety (for about 2 months). When I started calming down, I also felt completely exhausted. I found that if I went out to run an errand, I had to lay down to recover afterwards, and pretty much doing anything took a tremendous amount of effort. This lasted about 2 weeks, and I attributed it to my body desperately needing to recover from the stress it had been through. Being acutely anxious for such a long time is soooo incredibly hard on your body! But the good news is that I am feelign much better...still don't have quite as much energy as usual, but I can get through the day without many problems. Hopefully you will get here soon as well. Don't worry too much about it (if you can), and give your body the break that it needs. However, also try to get exercise in there (whatever you can muster the strength to do), because I've been noticing that this is helping me get my energy levels back! Take good care of yourself Longie,

Lisa

Thread Information