Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: can u help

can u help

Hi great site...
    I have been suffering from deppresion for over 3 years (on 45mg of mitazapine) and last year started to suffer with panic attacks my gp has been understanding..i have been seeing a pyscoligist (nhs-15)times but feel i am getting worse i ended up in hospital last week panic attack and migraine.. gp put me on half inderal for couple weeks. now i dont want to go outside in case it happens again my psycoligist has taught me to relax and breathe but that goes out of the window when i have an attack what else can i do my thoughts are so deppressing and cant seem to change it... my family dont understand and i feel they think its some thing to laugh about...

hi and welcome skippy.
    sorry you're having a tough time of it.. There is so much useful info on this site for you to look at and it makes you realise you are not alone. We are all going thru tough times but we are here to give support and show the way out..
    I also have a tough time with bad thoughts, but have to remember thats all they are.. just thoughts..
    you'll find lots of help here..
    Lisa
    xxx

hello Skippy,

Welcome to the forum!!

Often people who don't suffer from depression/panic attacks are not very sympathetic, mainly because they simply don't understand. I stayed at home for 3 months once because I was too scared to go outside. Unfortunately, that doesn't help. As soon as you get into the habit of staying at home, it's very hard to break it. Maybe you could try some relaxation tapes. There are loads out there and some are very good. Also, rescue remedy helps a lot of people. You ca get it at Boots and you just spray it on your tongue and it really takes the edge off things..

Sarah

Hi Skippy,

What a shame about your family not understanding but you still can start to cope with the panics and learn to implement your breathing exercises.

You do need to continue to go out otherwise agoraphobia will set in and thats to be avoided at all costs..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi skippy,

Welcome to the site, you will get loads of help and support on this site as every one understands what yr going through and how it feels, read the welcome page if you have not already that will help u understand things and just ask and there will always be someone here to help you.

take care

kairen x

Hi skippy,
    I too have trouble controlling my breathing and i really feel for you. I understand completely what its like to have family who dont understand or who think you should just be able to 'get over it' as i have been told on many occassions. I have only discovered this site today but im thinking that this is a good step on the road to recovery because talking with others who know how it feels can really take the loneliness and isolation away from it and give you the motivation and positive thoughts needed to move forward. I wish you all the luck in the world x

Hi Skippy and welcome,
    Sorry you are having a rough time right now, take things slowly, one step at a time, but do as said before, and try to get out on a regular basis, even if it is to the end of your garden, the front door, end of the road etc...it is very hard once the old agrophobia sets in, don't set yourself too high a target, just small steps at a time. Sorry your family are not being very understanding, it is hard for many people to appreciate how difficult this old anxiety/depression is, also i've found over the years, like many things, when people don't know how to help or what to say, they make a joke out of it. not funny, i know. take care and keep in touch.

hi skippy and welcome to the site,
    i'm sorry you've been having such a rough time of it. i think it's really important to try to relax as much as you can, which will calm your breathing down and make you feel less on edge. my relaxation cd is a total life saver so i would definitely recommend you get one.
    don't forget you are not alone and you will beat this!
    henri x

Hi Skippy and sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. People who dont suffer unfortunately dont understand what we are going through and i have being on the other side before i did and found it hard to understand.

I hope we can help you get through this and to hear from you soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Skippy

Welcome to the forum. I also suffer from depression and panic due to social phobia.

Sorry that your family are not understanding. This unfortunately often happens when they have never experienced anything like this and are not always willing to try to find out how to help and be supportive.

Hope you find it helpful being here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information