Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: can u help

Hi Nicola
    mum got me the recue remedy tried it felt bit of a high (lol) but i dont get out much.. my sister is taking me into town tomorrow so will take it before i go and hope it helps me...i go to a day centre tuesdays and wednesdays i hate going i seem i cant mix with people shake all the time iam there one of the carers understood panic attacks and was excellent with me but she has left and it has been hard to go but i promised my daughter to keep going so will try recue remedy hope it helps i hate feeling the way i do and think its easier to stay at home...thanks for all your help everyone

**i hate feeling the way i do and think its easier to stay at home**

Yes it feels truly horrid, but staying at home is only easier for today - it makes going out tomorrow harder.

Have you had any CBT ?

Psychotherapy/ CBT: CBT Questions
    Maxines success CBT : Maxine's cbt progress.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Skippy,
    am so sorry you are having a bad time right now, i can truly understand how you are feeling, it is so hard trying to go out when you feel so awful,but believe me, it is even worse when you have given in to not going out at all, try (and i know it's hard) to take a few steps at a time, literally, you have had these awful feelings before, they will not get any worse, you will not collapse or die, when i have to go out, i sometimes print off things from this website and read them for re-assurance, crazy i know, but people think i'm reading a shopping list or whatever, and it has worked for me at times, it is awkward when you have a panic/anxiety attack, i always have a little excuse up my sleeve, bad back, little hot today etc...to distract any attention from myself. take care.

Hi meg
    Yes i have been seeing a pyciastrist 3 years and she sent me to see a pycoligist i have been seeing him since october 2004.. i until reading this site thought he was doing me no good could not understand him pushing me too go out thanks to this site i might understand him better.....i cant belive iam even writing on this been so down for years and this site has made me relise i am not alone....well done to the people who started this site up...

Skippy,

Glad you're beginning to understand ... without understanding none of us want to do anything new or scary, but once you know why and how it will help, it makes it a tiny bit more worth the effort and becomes a bit more bearable.

Ask your psychologist whether its CBT you're having ?

You could show him this site and print out some particular threads you found most helpful which will help him/ her to know what bits to work on more, then we can all work together to help you through to progress.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks meg
    I am seeing him monday and yes i have home work.....i have some thing to do at my day centre (wednesday) but its hard going there never mind what he has asked me to do (i can pm u it but it involves others) and i have to write all my problems out and sort them out into problems i have no control over etc etc....
    i went to see my g.p today and spoke about this site he was interested so i gave him the web address..he also put me on diazepam what do they do to you he has warned me about them being addictive.. so thats another worry..i tried asking the pharmacist but a brick wall would of gave a better answer...iam sorry to keep asking for advice...but i feel this is the best way i can get back in control of myself...thanks again everyone on this site that has helped me.
    jennyxx

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...omotional3.jpg

Skippy

Hi again.

Diazepam will calm you but be careful as they will make you drwosy so they advise you not to drink alcohol (this will increase the sedative effect) and don't do anything where full concentration is needed - e.g. driving.

I used to take them to calm me and they work very well but like he said they are very addictive so they tend to only prescribe 10-20 at a time.

What Mg has he given you?

Nicola

Hi Skippy,

Welcome to the site. Hopefully, it will help you to know you are not alone.

We are all here to help and all understand. Try and take small steps and good luck.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Thanks Nicola

I am glad you advised me not to drive when taking diazepam i am on 2x2mg... i go this morning to my day centre thought i would try 1 to see if it helps me to get there and get through the day there. i will get a taxi just in case.. i cant belive nothing is said on the bottle about driving etc..i have been up most of the night (i hate wednesdays) got out of going tuesday for a while.....
    thanks again
    jenny
    xxx
    xx
    x

Skippy,

Hope today went ok and if you are feeling very woosy with 2 of valium you can break it in half and just take 1mg.
    The dose of valium is a very individual thing.

Meg

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information