Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Claire Weekes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dr Claire Weekes

Hi Everyone
    I have been a member for a few weeks now and am in the early stages of learning to cope with panic and anxiety. I am reading Dr Claire Weekes book
    'Self-Help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN No 978-0-7225-3155-6. It is a quick easy read and really explains what is happening to us and why. As I am on the waiting list for CBT. I wanted to know how to help myself in the mean time. I cannot recommend this enough.

Veronica H

Re: Dr Claire Weekes

i've recently read this book and it did help a lot. i often pick it up and re read some of the chapters that made an impact on me.

Hi Veronica

In my experience reading Claire Weeks books is a really good place to start. Nothing really helped me with my anxiety and panic until I got her books and joined this site, now I can honestly say I am doing all the things I thought I wouldn't be able to do any more. Keep practising what she tells you and the more you practise the more confidence you will get it takes some time for it all to start working but to me her books were my life saver.

Good luck.

Carol

Hi

I must admit this has been sat on my bookshelf for about 18 months and last week I had been having such a bad time I sat and read it cover to cover in a few hours.

Put it this way - I have been happily facing, accepting and floating ever since!

It is good, as is 'Understanding panic attacks and overcoming fear' by Dr Roger Baker and 'Coping Successfully with Panic attacks' and 'Coping with anxety and Depression' , both by Shirley Trickett.

Maybe we should start a NMP book club!

Love Moo x

Dr Claire Weekes was a wonderful doctor I reckon! There is a link on the site somewhere, where you can download some of her mp3s. I can't remember where I saw it though :(

I found the link where you can download free mp3s of Dr Weekes - I've got them and it's great to hear her speaking - very inspirational.

http://www.controllinganxiety.com/dsp_downloads.php

Hi Doodah,
    Thanks so much for the link, ive had claire weekes books for months the best money ive ever spent, they really helped me, but now im going to give the mp3s a try.
    POLLY

You're very welcome polly I first heard Dr Weekes in the 1980s on a vinyl LB! I remember bursting into tears when I'd listened to her as she must've been the first person who seemed to make any sense at all out of anxiety etc. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Wendy xx

Oh my, I listened to all files... What a helpfull link right there this should be a sticky that all people should take the time to listen to and relax with.... I saved it as soon as i was 2 mins into the first file.... Its free people it can help give it a shot im going to be buying her book tonight on amazon.

I've just ordered the book Veronica mentioned so it should be with me sometime in the next week- thanks for the recommendation. It has good comments on Amazon too.

Thanks also to doodah for the mp3 links. I've downloaded them but will have to wait till the kids have finally decided to shut their eyes for the night- which doesn't look any time soon at the moment. They will be a good listen judging by the reaction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information