Thread: hypnotherapy

hypnotherapy

can anyone recommend hypnotherapy for panic and anxiety and of course the depression that goes with it?

Re: hypnotherapy

Hi There
    My mum thinks I should try it as it helped her but when I spoke to therapist she said it doesnt teach you the coping mechanisms for dealing with panic - as i asked whether if we knew what causes panic would it cure is and she seems to think it doesnt matter what causes it its trying to treat it, so she thinks cbt better as teaches you tools to cope

Thanks for the info

x

Hello, I was going to go down that route too, I have enquired about it and think I may give it a go when i can afford it!!
    I really do believe its mind over matter and Hypnotherapy is perfect for that. The guy that I contacted was very helpful and seemed to think he could help me with my panic attacks.
    I went through the hospital to get a genuine qualified person.

Let me know if you do go....

G2

Hi there,

I have found hypnotherapy very helpful. I hardly slept, I was constantly on high alert and my hands were sweaty at all times. I was unable to get through a day without crying and was very depressed. These symptoms have completely gone. I still am jittery when I leave the house, but I am more in control of the situation and am coping much better. Friends and family have noticed the difference.
    However, hyponotherapy is quite expensive. The waiting list on the National Health was 3 months plus though and I felt I could not wait that long.
    If you decide to try this, make sure you find a reputable therapist with experience.
    Good luck!
    kindest regards Nikki x.

I am currently undergoing hypnosis at the moment on the NHS by a GP in his surgery. It is primarily for IBS but as I am very depressed at the moment he is treating the depression as well. He does have a private practice. I think that they treat panic and anxiety. Other health care practitioners such as the practice nurses also perform the hypnosis. All are medically trained in hypnosis. I dont know what the waiting lists are like and I expect you would have to go private if you were out of the area. It has helped but I'm still depressed. I'm not sure whether it has had any effect on my IBS.

Thread Information