Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 Years Old, With Emetophobia

Re: 16 Years Old, With Emetophobia

I dont go out or on long journeys incase i feel or need to be sick. I used to feel sick daily, i have got a little better lately but the thought of sick makes me go crazy, same if anyone speaks about it. If i see or hear someone being sick i instantly feel i need to be sick and get hot and panic like crazy. Its got worse the last few years it effects me so much im put off from having children for fear of when they are ill.

Hi Hannah,
    I've been a suferer since I threw up on a school trip when I was nine. I try and avoid any kind of situation where peope/I may throw up: boats, travelling generally, drinking, 'dodgy' food etc.

My advice for you would be to ask your doctor for help. Try and avoid medication (unless you feel you really need some help) but see if he can get you onto something like CBT. This will teach you how to relax and show you they the symptoms you are suffering are really just anxiety. If you can rationalise things like that it should be easier to cope with the anxiety.

If you want self help there are plenty of books on CBT and relaxation CDs you can try.

Mike

I am excatly the same i hate going out new years eve and my parents having to much to drink.
    I dont have medicine because i had calpol once and brought it back up so i don't have it, i also have flashbacks on when i was sick i always think (well that time i did this and that time i did this) i know its weird! i am 12 and have had it since i was 5 iv'e seen on here how old people are and how long theyv'e had it so i'm going to have it for a long long long time unfortunatley. i do hope this website works it's driving me and everyone that knows CRAZY! i always check my temperature and make sure i dont have too much to eat i usually have atleast 8 things a day(i'll count tea/dinner as 1) i dont know why 8 by the way, i just feel its a good number i suppose.

Demzii, I assure you just because some people on here are older with this condition it doesn't mean you will have it for a long time. I too am a sufferer and used to have it really bad when I was younger but now I am older though I still suffer from the phobia its not as intense as it was when I was your age, I'm 18 now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information