Thread: Maybe writing it down will help

Maybe writing it down will help

Feel shocking today.... awful awful anxiety, panic and tearfulness, feel very distressed. I have dreadful anxiety symptoms, I feel sick, headachy, very tired but yet I can't sit still, churning stomach, pins and needles...I could go on and on. I feel like there's acid in my veins instead of blood. It's hard to believe that anxiety can make you feel this bad.
    I wasn't too bad yesterday.... I've been having some family dramas, but nothing too exceptional, and I managed to get into work, just for the morning, on Wed. Last night I was watching a film, Unfaithful, because it has the gorgeous Olivier Martinez in it. Anyway, it got to the scene where he gets murdered (sorry, this is a spoiler) and it was so horrible and unexpected... all this blood came out of nowhere... I started screaming and shaking and thought I was going to be sick. I ran upstairs and had a massive fit of panic, just felt horrible. I couldn't watch the rest of the film, and that horrible image has been running over and over in my head. It seems to have triggered all sorts of horrible thoughts and feelings. I feel distressed and horrible about it, telling myself it was only a film, etc, just doesn't help. It seems to have brought on all these horrid distressing feelings about how tragic and fleeting life is, and how scary and random. I can't really put it into words, but I've been in tears all day. Just when I dared to think I might just be getting a little better, putting my breakdown behind me, this goes and happens.
    Really sorry to post yet again.. thanks everyone for being patient, I do try to return the favour. Sorry, I just feel totally dreadful. xxx

Re: Maybe writing it down will help

Hello Samira

I'm really sorry to hear you feel so bad at the moment and I hope things improve for you soon.

Sometimes when I watch certain films they can trigger my anxiety, I think we are still very delicate with our feelings and emotions that the slightest thing can set it off again. This doesn't mean you have gone backwards it's just a setback and you will come out of it. Sending you my some hugs.

Carol
    x

Hi Samera
    I have to be very careful what I watch at the moment. Anything that gets the adrenalin pumping is bad news for most of us. I love thrillers but have been sticking to comedies until my nerves have time to repair themselves. Fear is making you think negative thought about your recovery. Ignore it. We all have bad days.
    Best Wishes
    Veronica H

hiya hun, im sorry u not good today, but i am the same with certain films i cant watch anything depressing or violent as its really makes me anxious after. so i only ever watch action films but not to violent or a good old comedy. family troubles i think affect most of us in some way and well u know my story, i would say wot ever the prob is just do wot makes u happy.
    if u need to chat im here, hugs xxxxxx

Hi,
    Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets upset by these things. Thank you for being so kind to me. I've had a bit of a crappy week... let's hope for better times, eh?! xxx

I've had a bit of a crappy week

It could be that after the week you've had, it's made you more fragile and vulnerable than usual so this film affected you more than it normally would have done but these feelings will pass as the memory of the experience also fades with time.

Hi Samira

Hope you are soon feeling better. I've been really anxious too for the last week. Yes there are reasons but it is still really hard. I try and make sure I don't watch anything that is likely to set me off. Mind you I think I'm pretty much an emotional wreck. Recently I found myself reading the obituaries in our local paper and getting really upset to think of 'Elsie, slipping away peacefully at the age of 93'. If it was even slightly more tragic then I was finished for the day. I knew I was being daft but I just couldn't seem to help it. It was as if I took on board all the sadness in the world. Other peoples pain was my pain. When I studied literature at college we were always looking for empathy with the characters in a book etc - well I think us sensitvie beings have got gold stars in that department.

Somehow we need to focus on fun things more and not get bogged down with sadness and fear. I'll let you know if I find a way of being successful at this.

hi samira hope u feeling better today matey hugs xxxxx

Hello everyone and thank you again... I managed to have a better day today, I went to the beach with my boyfriend, and although I was a bit anxious, I actually managed to enjoy myself! It was a useful reminder that I can still do that, even in the midst of these awful feelings. I can really relate to what you said, Sheba, about taking on the sadness of the world... I am exactly the same. Thank you all loads for all your support and for helping me to feel less alone.

Thread Information