Thread: anyone taking paxil

anyone taking paxil

Hi guys anyone taking paxil does it work for you?

Re: anyone taking paxil

I have been on it for 11 years now. It did work for many years but I think because I have been on it for so long and have maxed the dosage that my body has just become too accustomed to it and it no longer works the same. Unfortunately it is a very hard one to come off of.

worked great for my social anxiety for about 3 years,then i kinda stopped taking it as u tend to forget if things r going ok,tried to go back on it 4 years later and had a nightmare of side effects,first time i had zero side effects(got away lightly i reckon) but yes it can be very good med -just be warned you may have to go through 2 weeks of shakey feeling and general more anxiety before you will feel better.

good luck

I am also on it and for me it is great for my anxiety and OCD (cleaning to excess). I've been on it for awhile and am on the lowest dose. Good luck finding the right med for you if that is what you are doing.

Laura xx

I'm on my second month. I find it takes the edge off. I still have days where I need to take Ativan to help me let go of the things I can't control. The first month I took it in the morning and I never had a very restful sleep dispite sleeping through the night. 2 weeks ago I started taking it at night and my sleep is a little more restfull but I'm awakened 4-5 time a night. I'm not up in the middle of the night if I take an Ativan in the evening.

Thumbs up Re: anyone taking paxil

Hi, interested in knowing if anyone takes Paxil and Wellbutrin together and what your experiences were/are. Curious about your dosages, too.
    I was prescribed Klonopin at first, until the Paxil (30mg now) starting kicking in. Now, I am tapering off Klonopin and have been prescribe 100 mg of Wellbutrin to hopefully help with the anorgamia side effects (not being able to orgasm sucks and my libido is practically non-existent - husband is experiencing its side effects, too). Dr said that I'll probably take down the Paxil dosage a notch after a few weeks of adding the Wellbutrin. Did this "concoction" help with anyone?

Thanks - any info is appreciated!

Yeast Infection
    Last edited by Jackson01; 11-08-08 at 19:29.

Thread Information