Thread: It's the heart or my mind...?

It's the heart or my mind...?

Hello everyone!
    have anybody experienced irregular heart beats and palpitations out of the blue??? apparently, while sitting, watching TV, lying on my bed, travelling by train nicely and "relaxed" or walking from the car to the house of office, my heart has a mind on its own and starts pumping faster than needed. sitting now with my laptop and writing down this thread my pulse is accelerated.why? i've just woke up, it's nice outside, i'm relaxed but it's like adrenaline is moving inside my body waiting to burst.
    i get tired easily, out of breath and even like mowing the grass or sweeping leaves for 10-15mins it's like a big effort for me.
    I got a 24hrs heart monitor from mthe GP and then he sent me to a cardiologist. after exercise tests and ECG, etc. he said my ticker is ok but all it's in my mind. however, he wasnt able to tell me why i got the adrenaline flares for no reason... very reassuring!!!
    on occasions my palpitations occur also while having a panic attack. I have IBS and when i get bloated i get out of breath trying to relieve my "barrel" symptom. it's like my colon or stomach is pushing up my heart.
    strangely enough i get palpitations and acid regurcitation even while driving or - as I've mentioned before - going by train. vibrations or trepidations make me uneasy...
    I know IBS can give you wierd feelings and i accept this but i would like so much to be assured that my heart is fine.
    any advise would be super!
    Soothiechins.

Re: It's the heart or my mind...?

I've been having palpitations for years - long before I started having PA's. It's just a quirk of the body that you are aware of! As you've had all the tests and everything's proved to be ok you must make yourself believe it - easier said than done I know but the whole illness is based on telling yourself you are fine. I'm struggling myself and it's hard to believe our own bodies can frighten us to this degree - be strong, you'll get there in the end!

Thread Information