Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100% recovered??

Hello Doddy,
    It's fantastic that you have done so well,your right it's vital not to stop doing your normal things otherwise it spirals out of control very quickly.

Congratulations Doddy

Maxine xx

Well Doddy, after reading your post and Megs comments. I decided to go ahead and make the move to go out of the house again. I went to vote and then to work to hand in my sick certificate (my mum usually takes it). It's been 5 months since I've seen everyone and I was very anxious going in but forced myself. Once in the office I had a very strange tunnel like vision and had a very surreal feeling but I walked up to my boss and had a chat. I thought at that point that I was going to just go in, drop off the certificate and run. I ended up with a crowd of 6 people around me chatting away and whilst aware of my anxiety (my throat), I carried on and blanked it best I could. After this I went into town to the post office to pick up a parcel and then back home. I'm really glad I did it but certainly feeling a bit iffy for it now.

My throat anxiety is pretty bad since getting home but I'm trying to just plug on and keep looking back at your post, it REALLY is helping me doddy!

I have also just come off valium over the past 2 days after 3 months and doubled my anti depressant dose on Tuesday which I'm sure are both playing a big part of this too. Still, I'm sure I'll settle down soon and will go out again over the next day or so and try to do things again.

Once again thanks for your inspiring post, if I hadn't have read it, I don't think I'd have made this move even though I'm feeling pretty edgy right now, I'm glad I did it!

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark,

**I'm really glad I did it but certainly feeling a bit iffy for it now.**

Keep congratulating yourself and give yourself a token that reminds you of todays HUGE step forward .. a CD, book, treat.

You did great - so despite feeling rubbish for some of it, you surpassed what you expected too.

Now you're 'coming down' from the rush, so gentle pleasant evening and once in bed tonight run through today again and really smile widely and chuckle at the good bits and try to rationalize the difficult bits..

Don't forget to journal it all too, so if you're blipping out one day you can refer back to how you were so thrilled today

You now need to go and do something similar in a day or two - doesn't have to be tomorrow but soon..

Well done Mark !!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thank you so much Meg, your advise and encouragement are *so* helpful and *very* much appreciated.

Thank you....!

Mark

MJH,

a truly great first step, and its those little steps that soon add up to a great distance..........

I loved the bit about chatting to 6 people but still be aware of your anxiety, i use to do this ALL the time.........but as soon began to just accept it being there, felt really odd but just kept on chatting, and you now over time, probably a few months or so id be chatting for ages then just remember my anxiety and then it would pass. I know after reading about it tonight it probably happen tommorow but i will just give it a little smile and carry on with my chat.

Im so pleased my post has helped you, it was written from the heart so it feels really nice to know its helped.....many thanks for that kind comment.

as meg says, start the journal, it will make u feel tired doing what youve done today but do tyr it again.........and again....and again.......and trust me my friends it does get easier.....just accpet it being there............

please keep updating as i am really interested in your recovery.......and thats what i think uve just started....recovery.....

good luck my freind.

andy

Andy

I am so truly pleased for you. I know that you need to be strong now for Sally. I have so much admiration for you and envy your relationship. You have a unique bond and I know that you are both strong for each other and give unfailing support. Asking nothing in return just love and respect. You are indeed an inspiration .
    Well done and take care

loads of love and hugs to you both

Janine

Wow Doddy

Look at you now!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased for you, I agree so much about the acceptance, it has been a turning point for me too.

After acceptance came a new calm - still hard word but so much easier, when you stop saying "WHY ME" and start saying OK so this is me it is amazing how things improve from there.

Keep up teh good work Doddy - so proud of you[^][:P][Yeah!]

I love this success story and thought it was worth bringing it to the top again for new comers to view!

Well done Doddy!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Hi Doddy and Congrats
    I couldn't agree more. I forced myself to go back to work and refuse to have a sick day no matter what.
    I still have not so good days but I'm getting there.
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Rach - thanks for making it active again.

Andy is doing great. He was going to come to the meet-up at Alton Towers but had to work but I have spoken to him and he seemed to be in control of things and enjoying life.

Meg may have another update for you cos I know she keeps in touch with him.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information