Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 100% recovered??

hi all
    i chanced upon this post and found it so inspiring - i had a similar sinking into anxiety with some major depression thrown in - and while on a career break as well!! getting back to work took a level of effort that i can hardly believe i managed - i felt so ill every day for 6 months but managed to get my work done with only a few days off sick for a cold. I was close to hospitalisation at the early stages as well - and did all the 'is this schizophrenia or bipolar?' stuff as well after clearing the medical stuff such as a stroke/tumour etc

this post made me smile and helped stop the memories of these experiences from causing further trauma so i thought i would bring this to the top again - i have a copy on my laptop and read it now and then

slowly slowly - i found we can cope with so much that we don't realise but we have to act better way before we feel better to get that recovery

cheers jos

Thank you Jos for bringing this back to the top and Doddy for the original post - I hadn't seen it before! It's really so inspiring!

I recently started CBT and have been really surprised at how quickly I have improved, although I am under huge stress at the moment so I don't know how I will be over the next few months...

It's so good to hear about people who feel really really recovered!

Thank you! And keep going strong!!!!!

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Re: 100% recovered??

hello all........im actually doddy but have lost my log in for some reason....have I been erased Nic??? surely not.....

anyways....just read my post from 2006....wow...god i did go through he mill didnt I...but...pleased to say.....all is good in my panic world...or no panic world should I say..........

only poppped back in to find meg if shes still about...just need to pick her brains on a personal matter if she is...so Meg...give me an email if you can..Ta luv.

anyways..whilst im here let me just say...yep you can recover..you can do it without meds but doesnt mean you have too...and yes you can lead a great live and achieve all your goals.......

i was where alot of you all are today some 4 years ago........and what can I say.....with this site......support......meg in particular , Claire Weekes book " Essential Help for your nerves" and perhaps most importnatly of all time and patience im now panic free......

hey..i still get a little over top about things.....but thats just me....but it doesnt decend into panic or an obsessive anxiety as it once did.......

A message, simple but true, it can be overcome....because its just silly thoughts making you feel this way!!! and you are all way to special to allow silly thoughts to make you feel this bad......
    cant quite belive just how big this site is now...great job Nic...you should be so proud.

might pop back again soon as writing this put a huge smile on my face just knowing that many of you will smile again everso soon......trust me!!!

take care ladies and gents.

doddy/doddy1

Thank you so much doddy. Havina a bad day so logged in. Your story gives me hope for my recovery. You are an inspiration!!!!

Hope you keep well

Chantelle

sorry to hear you are having or were having a bad day Chantelle.....

we sometimes need the bad ones to enjoy the good ones......so always take the bad ones as something to learn from if you can.....

Make sure your eating well, some excerise if possible.......and dont give yourself a tough time........just let it wash over you and move on......just silly thoughts making you rotten........nothing more nothing less.

thanks for your kind words, glad to be of help.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information