Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insomniac 1

insomniac 1

Hi folks,
    My name is Rich and I am a sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks but I'm not a nervous person, lol. As ironic as that sounds I'm usually a cool, calm and collective sort of guy. My suffering comes at night in the form of severe sudden panic attacks in which on one particular night I thought I was dying and called 911 and spent 2 days in the hospital. Afterwhich the Doc said I was fine, no heart attack, in fact he said my heart was perfect. I came to this site because I had another episode night before last but I did'nt call 911 this time I rode it out and visited this site. Today I'm introducing myself to you all and for me its a big "GLAD I FOUND YOU" I hope that I, we, you can all help each other and somehow either cure it or live and deal with it so it don't destroy us. Hopefully most of you who visit this site and the host all feel the same cause I want to be free of this or learn as much about it so when an episode occurs I won't need to call 911. I'll try anything and everything anyone has to offer as to remedies to ease my panics. I surf the net alot looking for rememdies but this site appears the best bet to actually meet people suffering as I do and are searching for relief. My heart is with everyone here as I've had dear friends who have suffered and died from drug dependencies from this illness. I don't take meds, I take only vitamins and herbals. I hope I can nip this in the bud without conventional medications.
    Again my name is Rich and I'm glad I found you.
    Thanks a bunch

Re: insomniac 1

Hi Rich and you have come to a good site,lots of support and friendly advise.We all understand how you are feeling.

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Thank you Laura. I've lived with anxiety all my life but its the last few years that I've experienced panic attacks as severe as the last few I've had. I'm a believer in self help so as we communicate our maladies hopefully it eases us towards something more positive. thanx

Panic attacks are scarey especially the very first one!!!!!!

Hi Rich,

I too have had anxiety all my life but have been blessed to have had only 2 panic attacks. I agree that discussing how we feel is crucial to healing ourselves and have found this site immensely helpful in my own road to recovery. I hope you do too.

Yorky, I agree about the first panic attack being very scary. I thought I was going to die and apparently so did my doctor as I was in his office at the time because he called an ambulance!

Take care,

Laura
    Last edited by Southern_Belle; 29-07-08 at 17:35.

Hello Rich And Welcome You Will Find Lots Of Info And Support Here It Does Get Better,wish Ya Well,linda

Hello Rich

to the site I am sur you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

Hi Rich

A warm aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hiya Rich to NMP its lovely to have you here.
    You will get lots ofd support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting in the relevent places and we will help you as much as we can.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information