Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venlothaxine?

I really hope they have that effect on me Lisa, that sounds excellent. Thats really my problem that anticipatory anxiety/panic which I cant seem to break thru to get any further...

Picked up meds today so will be coming off citalopram in next few days and starting on these.

Thanks for your reply and Im glad to hear you are doing a lot better.

Rory.

hi Rory,

good luck coming off the citalopram.. do it slow with your docs advice..
    did the citalopram not do it for you?

good luck,
    lisa
    xx

Hi Lisa,

The citalopram seemed to make a good difference at first but after over a year of it I think my body has just got used to it.

Ive come off it pretty slowly and today is the first day I havent had any. I feel pretty lightheaded actually and like its quite difficult to keep my eyes focused... wondering if thats due to the withdrawal.

Probably will start the venlafaxine tomorrow.

hi rory,

sounds quite likely to be the withdrawal, but it shouldn't last!
    good luck with the efexor! what dose are you on? Let me know how it goes with you!! we should update each other! I'm on one month of it today! and i'm back at work and even contemplating watching a band in a pub tonight! yay! (might not though!)

take care,
    Lisa
    xxx

Well heres an update after a week of Effexor.

I have been able to get out and do some things which I was too anxious to do beforehand. I have driven further afield in the last couple of days than I have for a long while, and I felt really pretty good while doing it. Its definately had a positive effect.

The only worry I have is yesterday and today Ive had some palpititations, the sort where your heart sort of flutters for a second... dont feel very nice and are a bit scary. I know this is a possible side effect but I dont know if its just me because I used to very occasionally get this anyway.

Really hope its just my body getting used to the med and it will go away , as this is the first thing thats really helped me.

Rory.

hi Rory,

So glad that the meds seem to be helping!! I'm sure that the palpitations will go away eventually once your body gets used to the meds. I hope they really help you hun..

Sarah

Hi Rory,

I have been on Venlafaxine for a little over a year. It is affective and fortunately I did not suffer any side effects. I have not been taking anything for the last week and it was not until then that I realised how effective they really are.
    You can still FEEL emotions but it is like a blanket has been put on them so they do not feel so raw. I can understand you being concerned but unless you try them, worrying about any side affects could make your condition worse, if you know what I mean. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information