Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venlothaxine?

Venlothaxine?

Hi Folks,

After being on citalopram for over a year, and not really making any progress just now with the whole anxiety / agoraphobia thing, a hospital consultant prescribed Venlothaxine for me.

Has anybody had any experienced with this med? I dont know anything about it. Although I am nervous about starting a new med with possible side effects, I really hope it might help me.

Rory.

Oops I mean Venlathaxine , I cant spell.

OMG Im really not doing too well

VENLAFAXINE !

Couldnt find any controls to edit my first post !

Rory , You just click on the page with a pencil on it to edit -above the post.

Venlaflaxine / Efexor.

If you drop down and go through a few pages on the medication pages you wil find lots of posts about it .

The main change is that it is a Seratonin and Noradrenalin Reuptake Inhibitor - so an SSRI with an extra bit.

Not for known cardiac patients.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi Rory,

I have been taking efexor modified release/venlafaxine for almost 4 weeks. I didn't experience any side effects which may be as i had taken prozac for 6 weeks before that, so maybe all my side effects came out then!? anyway.. efexor has so far really really made a difference and calmed me down so i can continue doing things again without the fear that plagued me before. I am on 75mg, what about you? I hope it helps you too!!

Love lisa
    xxx

Meg - thanks for that , I couldnt see the edit icon anywhere ! lol I'll know next time.

Lisa - Thanks for your reply, good to hear you have had no problems with it. I am picking up the prescription some time in the next couple of days so I dont know what I will be on , Im just coming off citalopram which I think my body got too used to after over a year.

Im really hoping the venlafaxine will calm me down like it has for you.

Were you agoraphobic if you dont mind me asking? what things has it helped you to do again?

Thanks
    Rory.

Hi Rory

Hope your new medication will help you.
    all the best

Florence.

**To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.**

Thanks flo me too

You're welcome

Let us know how it goes.

Flo.x

**To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.**

hi Rory,

before I was just scared of everything, going to the shops, meeting up with friends, answering the phone.. now i can go out and pretty much know it wont bother me. I can only describe it as feeling calm. I'm also sleeping better, I literally just pass out at about 10.30 and thats it til morning..! its just taken away that feeling of constant anxiety and anticipatory panic feeling.. which is what they are meant for. So now I can concentrate on my counselling and figuring how to deal with it in the future and find out why it happened in the first place (stress piling up until moving house pushed me over the limit!)..
    do you do any talking therapy? i highly recommend it.. and this site to for making you feel you are not alone..

hope it goes well for you. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any q's about it and i'll try and help. Oh it also kicked in pretty quickly for me, after about 2 weeks.. I've almost been on them a month so i still have a way to go but i'm on my way and that is the main thing!

good luck
    Lisa
    xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information