Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new user, another anxiety patient

new user, another anxiety patient

Hi there, my name is louise i am 20 years old and i suffer from bad anxiety and depression, it only started in april this year and over the months it has controlled me and made me think i have constantly got something wrong with me!!

I lead a happy life before april i didnt give a damn and nothing ever used to worry me until i found a cyst down below, id never had one before and i didnt give it a second thought until a week later when it was still there, so one evening silly me went searching through google and came up with all these illnesses.. i looked at vaginal cancer and diagnosed myself with this i started panking, feeling hot.. fast heart beat thinking i was going to die, so my mum took me to a walk in centre and she checked it told me it was "skin cyst" it reassured me that evening until the next day i started again with all these anxiety symptoms so i went to my main GP and dropped my pants ( i would never normally do that) but i got myself in a right state, he also said it was a skin cyst but when i left the surgery i still wasnt reassured and i had panic attacks, crying sessions, so my mum took me back to my GP and he said i was suffering from bad anxiety so he put me on Amitripyline this medician seemed to help and the skin cyst evetually went!! i'm still on amityipyline.

Its now july and i've suffered from a bad viral infection, its made me feel light headed and gave me bad ear ache... but i keep thinking i have a brain tumour! my GP has put me on ear drops and they seem to be working, i've started to feel depressed, and my anxiety has rushed back to me, i cant get to sleep and i wake up early thinking the worse. I went back to my GP today and he told me i am suffering from Depression has i dont feel bothered about life, i havent been eating. I am going back tomorrow as i had to fill out a form and hes putting me on antidepressents. I cant but look up illnesses on the internet and i always diagnose with something, even if i have a bruise on my arm and i even worry about my periods being something else.

I hate feeling like this and just want to get back to my old self

can somebody tell me if light headedness has anything to do with anxiety my GP told me it has.

Sorry for going on but i thought id share my story, i think this website is amazing.

good luck every one :-)

Louise x

Re: new user, another anxiety patient

Hi Louise welcome ......my main symptom of my anxiety is light headeness and giddiness faintness it is def a symptom of anxiety . The thing with googling illness is that u will find your symptoms in nearly everything and thats why we think we have a serious illness ......i have terrible rib pain after a viral infection and found myself looking up lung cancer and tumours etc ...where doc said its a pulled muscle from all the coughing ...I just think we are in such a sensitive state we always see the worst .
    also dont apologise 4 "going on " you arent you are doing the right thing and geting help and understanding that others are just like you xxxx

Hope u are feeling ok and message me anytym xxxxxxx
    Titch xxxx

hi titch thanks for replying,its very sweet of you and sorry to hear about the way you are feeling.

Are u on any treatment for your anxiety?

its a terrible feeling i feel like im floating and its not real, i just look around and see everyone and start getting upset. My ear ache is really bad but maybe thinking of it is making it worse.

and your right googling is a bad thing and my main phobia is cancer its so scary.

hope your feeling better soon xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Lou to NMP its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
    It sounds to me that you have developed health anxiety triggered of by googleing this cyst you found. Its not uncommen for depression to creep in with any kind of anxiety and there are so many symptoms you can get with anx. Yes dizziness is a very very common symptom of anx and its all due to us not breathing correct. when we suffer with anx we tend to shallow breath instead of nice slow deep breaths. Half the time you will not even notice that you are not breathing right and you will wonder why you feel dizzy. There are a few steps you can take to combat this and get some control

1. stop googleing any symptoms you get
    google is not good for an health anx sufferer and will just tell you the worst case senario.

2. try to relax and control your breathing, take nice slow deep breaths in through your nose and then out through your mouth to help control the dizziness.

3. talk to your doc about haveing some CBT theropy, it can be very helpful for the anx.

keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lou.............I'm also new to this board and I can tell you it is such a relief to find other people in the same situation who understand.

My anxiety also rages out of control at times. For instance yesterday was quite a good day.....................but this morning, totally different. At the moment I feel quite jittery and my chest is heavy, and now I've started thinking something bad is happening.

I have been a serious sympton Googler! I know it is hard to stop, but it definitely is not a good idea. You cannot believe what 'illnesses' I have had

Ask your Doc about therapy (CBT), it works well for anxiety sufferers. There also some very good reading material about..................Claire Weekes is highly recommended.

Hope all goes well for you today.

Pansy

Hi Louise,

Welcome to the site. Many here have health anxiety like you and will relate to what you are saying. You will receive support here and I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

Hello Louise And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well,linda

welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Hi there,

Im also new to the site! OMG im so glad Lou and other people like you are out there i thought i was the only one. Im 21 years old and up to June i was a 'normal' person loving life etc until i had some space cake in Amsterdam and ad the worst experience of my life and i think had a huge panic attack i honestly thought i was going to die! Anyway about a week later i got an inner ear infection and i haven’t been the same since. It started off with a really bad pain in my head then i went to the doctors cause i kept going dizzy etc and he told me it was an ear infection. I now think it is a brain tumor but the docs keep telling me im fine! it gets to a point where you just dont believe them after a while so she is sending me to see a neurologist but im going to have to wait about 2 months and i dont think i can wait that long!!
    I quite my job about 2 weeks ago as that was making it worse and i was supposed to be going to Kos last wed and i ended up jumping off the plane cause it thought well what if im ill over there etc so i lost a 2 week break in Greece!!The doc said it would have been really good for me but im stuck here now!
    Its toltally taken over my life im struggling to go places etc i always get a twinge or something in my head and then thats it i start panicking and have to go home. I think i know deep down that if i had a tumor i would be a lot worse like when im at home im quite alright cause im in my own surroundings etc its just when i go out. I get headaches that seem to come on later on in the day, i get dizzy, have a tingly face sometimes and other symptoms. I just cant seem to get it out my head! I asked the doc for an MRI scan but she said i dont need one so wont send me for one, I told her this will make all my anxiety etc go away as long as i know my head is fine! My head feels weird sometimes and it just makes me worse.
    Ive got a counseling session tomorrow so i will let you know how that goes but im so glad im not alone and theres other people in the same boat.
    I suppose you have to put the faith in the doctors as they dont mess about when it somes to heads. If they had the slightest worry they would send you to hospital straight away!
    I just want to go back to normal!!

Hi Louise

Just wanted to give you a warm aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information