Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alcohol

alcohol

Hi everyone hope u r all doing well .
    I have a problem and wonder if any 1 else understands .....i suffer sever anxiety and agoraphobia came 2 a head 2 weeks ago when i thought i was crackin up and had emergency doc and mom round x

i saw my councellor 3days after and i mentioned I drank quie a lot well a bottle a night (of wine ) or just under she told me i must stop drinking I did 4 3 nyts then have gradually gone bak 2 having a drink every nyt ..WHY do i do it when I know It afects my anxiety ......has any 1 got any advice on what 2 drink instead i dont like pop and dont drink either tea or coffee only drink fruit tea and green tea but fed up of that by night .....i do it out of habit as sit here on my own child in bed and just turn 2 the wine even though i know its bad xxxxxx

any advice please thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: alcohol

hi titch i did this for a while cos i relaxed me and made me feel nice and also helped me sleep, but next morning i felt crap and it lasted days after and my anxiety went though the roof so i now have stopped. i just have glass or 2 every now and again. i think the drinking helps block stuff out and makes us forget and feel relaxed but its not really doing us any good and its the worst thing for us sufferers so if i was u i would cut down to just a glass mayb or now and again.

What do you drink?

wine - get alcohol free

Lager - get alcohol free

You could try mixed fruit drinks as well or alcohol free sparkling wine

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi,I found that by having cranberry juice,apple juice of sparkaling apple juice in a wine glass helped my alcohol craving as Ifelt the placebo effect.I was drinking a bottle or two bottles of wine to curb my anxiety but haven't 4-3 mnths nearly and feel great.Well good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by titchjd View Post
    Hi everyone hope u r all doing well .

I have a problem and wonder if any 1 else understands .....i suffer sever anxiety and agoraphobia came 2 a head 2 weeks ago when i thought i was crackin up and had emergency doc and mom round x

i saw my councellor 3days after and i mentioned I drank quie a lot well a bottle a night (of wine ) or just under she told me i must stop drinking I did 4 3 nyts then have gradually gone bak 2 having a drink every nyt ..WHY do i do it when I know It afects my anxiety ......has any 1 got any advice on what 2 drink instead i dont like pop and dont drink either tea or coffee only drink fruit tea and green tea but fed up of that by night .....i do it out of habit as sit here on my own child in bed and just turn 2 the wine even though i know its bad xxxxxx

any advice please thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i always found it odd that my psych told me to stop drinking so he could give me xanax, which acts on the same nerves and lasts about as long. that sounds like a drunkard's argument, doesn't it? i suppose i(t) was!

in the end, i quit both and my baseline anxiety is better for it.

substitution didn't work for me. i just went to bed earlier for a while until i could do without it. boring, but effective.

Thanx so much every1 4 messages I am def gna stop but worry that just stopping will make my anxiety worse but I know in the long run It will b 4 the best ......think i will try sparkling apple juice or alcohol free wine instead but it just wont be the same haha x

Take care every 1 xxxx

I know exactly how u feel. I suffer with anxiety, agoraphobia, social anxiety etc... and i find that having a drink gives me that bit of confidence sometimes. I drink about a bottle of wine a nite 2. i can stop drinkindg for a week ere and there and then i let myself down by stating again. I kept a diary of how i was feeling while i wasn't drinking and i feel so much better without it. I can't understand why i keep turning bk 2 it tho? I don't think i'm an alcoholic because i can go so long without it but as soon as i start feeling bad i'm bk 2 square 1?

Instead of buying wine, buy Schloer or Amé from the supermarket (non-alcohol fruit based drinks that look like wine).

The opinions stated above are the personal opinions of the writer, and not intended to offend or denigrate any opinions held by anyone else.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad,
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Thanx 4 replys bought sum appletiser 2 nyt but ended up bying small botle of wine aswell arghhhhhh def gna start 2moz with not drinking as i know ill b better 4 it and gna keep a diary 2 record how i feel xxxx

hope every1s well xxxxxx
    Titch xxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

you are heading in the right direction a diary is a good idea I did that when I first stopped drinking and you only bought a small bottle of wine think of the positives of not drinking and stay focused on that be careful with alcohol free wine as many are 0.o5 % alcohol.Also try and write down when you drink and the reasons why.take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information