Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: success in exercise support thread

success in exercise support thread

Hello i thought or hoped this may be a good idea. anyone who tries any kind of exercise to help combat there probs and issues can post here and get advice and support from others.

you all know how its helped me and i know it can help u all too, so any little thing u do even if its once a week a walk, jog, dance, gym, swim wot ever it is post it on here and it can help others to know how u feel etc.

any good videos or dvds you recommend tell us that too ,or equipment etc

donna xx

Re: success in exercise support thread

Great idea donna, and i remember nicola telling us not so long back about the wii-fit thingy. Ive seen the ads for it since ive been back in uk (dont get these ads in germany) and it does look really good...if a bit strenuous!!

thanks cathy yes i know few people who have the wii and do dancing with it and skiing etc and they have said it is actually quite good exercise.

i think with exercie its finding something that intersts u and motivates you, whever it be indoors or out.

i used to have a exercise bike in doors and it bored me to death and i ended up hanging my plants off it lol. i need to be out and about or dancing.

for people who want something gentle yoga is very good and there are some great dvds out there if u like that sort of thing.

up and down the stairs is good, jogging indoors, walking the dog on a brisk half hour walk, i use baked bean cans as hand weights just to tone my arms when exercises indoors although i have now bought some hand weights.

Hi D

I, like you, love walking. I try and do it every day. Starting going out and about regularly last summer when my anxiety/pa's peaked. Knew that if I didnt make myself go out that I would be stuck at home.. It was very hard and frightening at first but eventually got further away and even deviated my route!!!! You dont know how difficult that was.. haha.

I also took up yoga, something my Doctor recommended. Was really nervous going along but my teacher is great and so are the people that go there.

Exercise definitely gets you happy and motivated.

Hope I can continue with it...

J

hi ya J and welldone you, i am exactly the same with walking and sometimes if i wake up grumpy and dont feel like going out i make myself and feel heaps better after.

yoga is great too, you are doing well, keep it up hun
    hugs to u xxxxxxxxxxxx

I love sports.

I love Mountain Biking through the woods, on courses or just anywhere really, have yet to try some steep mountains . I like Kayaking, it's a good laugh . Snowboarding, horseriding, swimming, streetdance, surfing, iceskating, pilates, yoga, step, aerobics, 20/20/20, boxercise, kickboxing, karate, basketball. Tons really.

All these sports have helped me so much.
    Excercise for me is the best natural remedy and it really works !!

i agree katie its a natural remedy that really works, when i was on prozac years back and i started exercise regular i was able to come off of it and get a buzz from the exercise that made me feel good inside, positve and give me heaps of energy. i luv street dance and boxercise etc. well u sound a very fit girl hun so welldone. thanks for posting katie. hugs xxx

i love walking. it clear my mind and lifts my spirit.

were due to have a week in anglesey this weekend, and i intend to spend each day walking just to get thru it.

my son will be off to scout camp, so me and hb will be walking the dogs each day.

it will be the only way for me to get thru it i think, cos im dreading being away from my safe places.

cheers donna, as always positive and helpful

mill xxxx

walking is great exercise milly and i always do it, i managed to lose over a stone walking every day and have kept it off. im sure u will enjoy anglesey and the walking too.

hugs milly xx

hi donna
    i like to walk everyday with the dog. the mornings are the worst for me so a brisk walk morning and night does help with the anxiety. it lowers the adrenaline. i do find excercising helps alot. it produces the feel good hormone.
    love debera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information