Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what does your chest pain feel like?

what does your chest pain feel like?

Ok,
    So my chest pain comes and goes all the time. When I am anxious, when I am not....and it feels like a dull ache. Its not really a sharp pain, but it comes on suddenly. I feel it either underneath my left breast, or right in the middle, along the breast bone, on either side. It feels like a strong bruising sensation. It isnt burning (NOT heartburn) or crushing, it just feels like an ache, that comes on all of a sudden. It lasts for a bit then goes away, then either comes back or doesnt.
    It is just sore tense muscles? What is happening?
    I have no breathing issues, at all.....and its not like my heart is missing beats or anything, its just this pain in my chest.
    Anyone?

Re: what does your chest pain feel like?

I have this and it really bothers me. I get it whether I am calm or not too. I've got it quite bad at the moment because I got angry and it worried me quite a bit but it's easing off a little. Nothing makes it go away, heartburn stuff or painkillers. I can sometimes feel it in my back as well. A doctor at the hospital told me it could be my posture because I use a crutch or pain from my shoulders causing referred pain. I don't know - I just wish it would go away!

Just a quick thought - I've got some Movelat Relief gel and it says on the tube it's for muscle pain among other things so I am going to give it a try and see if it helps - in theory it should as it will be absorbed by the skin - so I'll let you know!

Yeah do let me know!! Thanks JR.
    I have it right now, and it just makes me take all my positive thinking away to focus on this pain!!!! I know its destructive, but it makes me worry so much, cause all of a sudden it will really hurt.

The pain went away and I haven't felt it since - it probably took about 20-25 mins to go. I might just have calmed down, it's hard to tell really but I'll apply it in the morning and throughout the day and see if it comes on or not as not a day goes by when it doesn't. I know I would feel less anxious if I didn't get this.

Mine feels like someone sitting on my chest and grabbing something inside and twisting it. I get it into my arm and up into my jaw as well and that is what makes it scarier.

Mine is an ache that is right behind my left breast most of the time. It also hurts on the right side and in the middle, and sometimes feels like it is under my left ribs. My neck, jaw, and shoulder will hurt too sometimes. The pain is usually a dull ache, but sometimes it is really sharp. Like I have a cramp in my chest, and there is often pressure as well... I find that having my back massaged right between my shoulder blades will make it go away. It also helps to stretch my arms and, as best as I can, my chest muscles...
    The chest pain really is the worst, most terrifying part to me, but I am slowly coming to believe that it isn't my heart. Easier when it doesn't hurt than when it does, though....

Amy

Yeah, its hard not to panic when you feel pain in your chest eh? Telling yourself that your heart is fine in those moments....just doesnt work!!! Its like pure terror because you are experiencing this pain. Every single time.

Hi again - I used the Movelat Relief Gel all day today and I didn't get any pain at all apart from when one application had started to wear off which reminded me to re-apply it. It might be worth a try. The skin on my chest still feels strange but it isn't hurting me which has made me feel better in itself - whether it actually works or is having a placebo effect I don't know - only time will tell.

Where do you get the movelat? I am just not sure if I can get it in the states, other than on the net, and then the shipping will probably be sky high, not sure though... sounds like a good thing to try anyway...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information