Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what does your chest pain feel like?

Re: what does your chest pain feel like?

I feel a sort of "awareness" of the centre of my chest which seems to spread out to both sides of my ribs like a kind of white butterfly. I first noticed this when I started taking citalopram. Back in those dark days my anxiety seemed to "shift" inside my chest like it was a living animal warning me that it was still there and still in control.

These days I'm in charge most of the time and the feeling that I have an "animal" living inside me is long gone. I was diagnosed with a possible stomach ulcer which would explain some of the symptoms.

I think at the end of the day, chest sensations are just one of the many weird symptoms of anxiety. It's where anxiety can live.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Re: what does your chest pain feel like?

Those are the same pains I have had for months. I went to the ER several times thinking I was having a heart attack. Dull ache in the center of my chest and then arm pits then up my neck into my jaw. It would throw me right into a full blown panic attack. I finally went to the the most repsected cardiologist where I live here in Atlanta. I had a stress eco (ultrasound of the entire heart) everything was fine. I was put on Xanax .5, 3 x a day to ease my mind. The doctor said that when the muscles contract in a panic attack it will alot of times start in the chest and when they contract you can feel the sensation all throughout your arms, neck, back, face etc. ******this may sound crazy too but I sit at a desk 5 days a week so I was also told it could be my posture, Twice a week I let my 75 pound 11 year old daughter walk up and down my back as I lay on the floor, and that really helps. Believe it or not sometimes when you think your chest is hurting its really your back******** Hope you get to feeling better.

Bo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information