Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet

Internet

I am always looking symptoms up on the internet. Then always find the worst case scenario.

I wanted to ask a question and let you all know something.

Does anyone suffer from hair loss through stress, anxiety, depression etc. My hair is very long and when I wash and brush it, I loose quite a lot of hair ( have been since I had the children ). I seem to be losing a bit more lately and my anxious mind says " you are going bald, your going to loose your hair ". Then panic strikes as I think its not right to loose so much hair.

Soooo about 5 minutes ago, I was going to look on the internet, for those good old symptoms and answers again, but I stopped myself and posted this instead.

Its so hard not to look but = " I am strong, I can resist the temptation " [Sigh...]

Emma xx

Good for you Emma for resisting tne tempation to surf.

Its not unusual to lose hair post having babes and with stress so you've got a double whammy.

Its often just a nutritional thing and a strong mineral and vitamin supplement for a couple of months will help.

Did you breast feed ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks Meg

Where do I start with the children, there are 5 of them. 13 months between the last 2. The youngest being 16 months old now. I fed him only for 2 weeks and the older one for a month.

My diet isnt to good, I must admit. Do you know what food is good for hair loss. I darn't look on the internet

It maybe a silly question, but can I take vitamin supplements with prozac?

Emma xx

Hi

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It maybe a silly question, but can I take vitamin supplements with prozac?</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I think you can, but best getting advice from a pharmacist.

Take care.
    Florence.

**To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.**

Hi ,

Yes you can but not within 2 hours of each other and not whilst on antibiotics

Check this out but try not to go wandering off !!!

http://www.florisene.com/

You should be able to get it for £12.95 ish elsewhere on the net

I've known people its done wonders for and its just a nutritional supplement of minerals and vitamins - not a drug

Its just contains :

Vitamin C
    Vitamin B12
    Iron (as ferrous glycine sulphate)
    L-Lysine

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Emma,
    Sorry you are having probs. but you have done brill by not reading everything on the internet, just go to the sites that
    Meg tells you to and stick with that, as for the hair loss, i.m in a different situation, but i know my hormones are playing a big part in my life right now, and am also suffering hair loss, i know that we lose quite a lot of hair on a daily basis, but if your are anything like me, i over re-act to the slightest change in my body.My sister-in-law has a 5 month old and is also losing quite a bit of hair, again she is just assuming it's her hormones( she is not an anxiety sufferer), so she's not even bothered by it, not like us!

Hi Emma,
    Funny how people can react the same way to such oddities! Every once in a while I'll notice that I seem to be losing a lot of hair and it freaks me out. Then I remember someone telling me that the average person loses around 100 hairs per day. It is especially noticeable if you wear your hair tied up as they are "bound" and then all fall at once when you let your hair down!

It's no wonder you're not pulling your hair out with 5 children to tend to!

Take care,
    Sue

I lose lots of hair and I don't even have kids

Well done on not surfing for illnesses associated with hair loss. You did well to resist that urge.

I hope Meg's link helps anyway.

Nicola

Thanks to all who replied.

Sue, my hair is constantly tied up, I dont think it gets a chance to come down, only to brush and wash. ( you could have a point there )

I darnt pull my hair out, I wouldnt have any left

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information