Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Anxiety

Morning Anxiety

I quite often wake up with a jittery feeling, and feeling anxious. Often it does wear off through the day.

This morning I was desperate to start the day off well but of course the anxiety was there. Maybe I'm trying too hard..............perhaps I should try and ignore it.

I feel sort of jittery but my heart isn't racing, I'm not sweaty or pale, I don't feel really ill , just sluggish.....................so I could probably rule out a heart problem at this stage. My left hand and arm feels a bit prickly but that could be the way I'm sitting at the computer and typing. See, now I've told you all this I am already starting to feel better (and a bit foolish).

Does anyone else have this problem in the mornings? How do you cope?

I really want to wake up after a good nights sleep and face the day head-on, be like other people around me, fresh and smiling and ready for anything.

Anxiety stinks

Pansy

Re: Morning Anxiety

Hi,
    I feel very anxious most mornings.
    I worry about the day ahead and the things I have to do. Yet very often the anticipation is far worse than the actual thing itself.
    I dont sleep particularly well either.
    However I do have a suspicion that what may be making the palpitations and sluggish feelings worse is my caffeine intake.
    For the last 3 weeks Ive had to take my daughter to work and where she works isnt too far away but ive got vivid memories of the panic attacks ive had whilst driving thru the town. No matter how hard I try I still feel full of fear whilst taking her work. And I think this fear is making me unable to sleep properly.
    Its good to know that once youve told someone how you feel you are begining to feel better pansy.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Anxiety is always bad personally in the mornings feel so overwelmed by everything so quick and its horrible feel sluggish and glazed over the only thing that wakes me up fully is exercise and lots of it.
    Personally am trying to get to bed earlier but it doesnt always work.

I remember mornings well. I'd wake up, and for the shortest instant, feel wonderful. Then, just as quickly the anxiety would wash over me, as if I were empty and suddenly filled up with it. It was as if I had to "remember" it first, before it took effect. Come to think of it, one of the first thoughts I'd have in the morning was "do I have that feeling?". As if looking for it. And, sure enough, there it would be.

Think about it . . . or, better yet, *don't* think about it.

hi hun

i wake sluggish each moring, remembering all my present worries.

i usually feel better by lunchtime, as im often distracted by then.

however at bedtime they all come flooding back.

guess the key is distraction as much as possible.

milly xxx

Every morning, as soon as i get out of bed i feel anxious and have feelings of dread.
    All my worries and fears seem to go through my mind all at once and i always start the day on edge.
    The fear/anxiety is increased if my partner is at work as i have responsibility of looking after my toddlers and i seem to be developing monophobia.
    Most of the time, after a cup of tea and when i start planning the day ahead, it starts to fade away.

I completely understand that feeling, I have had that so many times, my Mum rings me at 10am everyday to make sure Iam out of bed as I live on my own. Its almost like your body is in physical pain even though it isn't but the symptoms I have is like a belt round my waist & someone is pulling it tighter so you almost can't breathe. It is slowly easing with my medication. This is one of the reasons Iam off work sick at the moment.
    I really feel for you its not nice. I would love to be able to just jump out of bed without feeling like that & be able to keep a job down & just feel normal. My life was normal at 17 now at 37 I feel like Iam 67. We just have to try & carry on somehow cope with things but keep posting on this website because we are all understanding & it does help to talk to people. Right now I am feeling anxious & nervy, I suffer with Diabetes type 1 & my Diabetic nurse has just changed my meds I was on 2 injections a day but from last Friday Iam now on 4, my last injection of the evening is midnight. My sugars were a little high before so I think it triggers my nerves off, I have to try & focus on something else ho! hum! Keep fighting.

Kind regards,

Lynn.x

Thanks for your replies.

I am going to try and ignore any physical sympton I get in the mornings. Should be interesting........

Hope you all feel a bit better.

Pansy

I could probably rule out a heart problem at this stage.(health fears)

ive got vivid memories of the panic attacks ive had whilst driving thru the town. (fear of panics whilst driving)

i wake sluggish each moring, remembering all my present worries.(general worries)

The fear/anxiety is increased if my partner is at work as i have responsibility of looking after my toddlers and i seem to be developing monophobia. (stress and fear of coping alone)

be able to keep a job down (stress at work)

In one word......."Habit".

If we're confronted by a lion, we don't actually "think" about being eaten, we just panic at the "sight" of it.

When we wake, we don't actually "think" of the things in the day we're afraid of, we just start to panic because our "subconscious thoughts" about our fears in the day ahead make us panic.

Whatever causes us fear during the day will surface in our subconscious as soon as wake so to wake in the morning without feeling fear is by making changes to the causes to our stress and learning not to be afraid of normal anxious feelings.

I wake up feeling sad and then it usually turns into anxiety. I have been at my new job for just over 3 months now and I have two big projects to do and when I think about them I become anxious and depressed and can't cope. I put them off until tomorrow when I promise myself I will get cracking 1st thing. Well I don't. It makes me feel like a fraud in my work. I have also picked up 3 kilos from binge eating to help my anxiety

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information