Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death

Death

Ive been reading a post from a while back, called fear of death.

I fear death and wonder whats going to happen to me. It really scares me. I think this is why I have my health anxiety, because I know it will happen oneday, so as soon as I get something wrong with me, I fear the worst and think its my time.

Im not sure if this makes sense, but if it does, has anyone else overcome or learnt to deal with their fear? If so has anyone got any advice please.

Emma xx

hello Emma,

Your fear is very normal and nothing to be ashamed about. We all fear death, anxiety sufferers and non-anxiety sufferers alike. As you say though, we are all going to die someday so there is not much you can do about it. Have you tried relaxation cds, etc? These things will teach you how to think more positively..

Sarah

Hi Emma,

I'm just like you and I can't think rationally about it at all. I wish I could be like other people, and think it is going to happen one day and we can't do anything about it, but I can't think like that. I don't want it to ever happen to me or any other members of my family and I don't know how to deal with the fear.

Sorry, I don't think I have helped you at all but maybe someone will give us some advise that will help. I don't see how relaxation methods would stop us fearing it either but maybe that is because I have feared it for so long?

I think you'll find there will be lots of others on here who have the same fear especially associated with anxiety. The negative thoughts don't help either.

Take care,
    Love, Linda.x

Hi Emma,

Mr Panic and Mrs Axniaty gave me alot of fears, I faced them all. I know that one day I will die but this is one fear I found very hard to get out of my mind. Every day I battled with my thoughts on how to get rid of this fear as well as battling with symptoms of PA Anxiaty. One day I went to visit my brothers grave, I sat at his gravside and talked to him, I told him my fears. My brother died along time ago when he was 6 years old he would be 38 now. After sitting there for awhile my thoughts went back in time, I started to think of all the good times that I had with him and that one day ( not now and not for a long time ) we would be together and I would see what he looked like now and that there was nothing to fear because I would be with my brother and other loved ones that I have lost.
    Another thought is to think that after death you will be in a nice palce, it could be anything as long as it is a positive thought.
    This thought helped me get through the fear of death. As time as gone on and I have learned not to fear the symptoms of Anxiaty the PA's sttoped and I am better. I do not fear death now.
    Relaxation cds, do work but you also have to change your thoughts towards your fears.
    I know its hard Emma to change your thoughts but it CAN be done.

TAKE CARE

WISHING YOU WELL LOVE JILLXX

May your troubles be less
    and you blessing be more
    and nothing but happiness
    come through your door.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I do listen to relaxation, CDs. Although, it doesnt help my negative thoughts.

Jill, my brother died, 5 years ago. He was 46. I do tend to shut it out of my mind, but when I think about him, I just cry. ( which I am now ). I get so annoyed with myself and think I shouldnt be like this.

I have always been anxious and prone to stress and depression, since a bad marriage and having the children, but all these health and death thoughts, have started since my brother died.

Emma xx

Emma - have you tried counselling at all?

Yes, im at councilling. Was seeing someone before christmas, she then left. I have now got a new one, who Ive been seeing for around 8 weeks. I get on well with her, so hopefully in time, I can work this out.

I understand when people say, they never think there going to get out of this, because its hard to imagine, not worrying or being able to deal with your worries.

I have recently, started mixing up my own aromatherapy oils. The past 2 days, I was using ones for anxiety and my stomach problems. And...... my stomach problems seem to be sorted. Today was a real good day.

Emma xx

Hi Emma,

Hope you can work through your fear and I really hope I didn't make you feel worse, I don't think I explained myself very well, it was a bit early. As Jill said, Relaxation CDs do work but like you, I have trouble changing my negative thoughts. My anxiety reached its peak three years ago when I lost my third child, a baby boy called Cory. Before Cory I had already lost both parents and grandparents and this has just emphasised my fear. I do like to think of them altogether somewhere and really hope they are.

I am going to an evening of Clairvoyance on 14th May. I have always been tempted and this one is with Simon Peters from Most Haunted. He says he can prove God's promise of life after death is true and I think those are the answers I'm looking for. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope you are feeling ok now. Keep up with the counselling as well.

Take care,
    Love,
    Linda.x

Linda,

Im sorry to hear about all your losses, but Im quite sure they are altogether.

Im into that kind of stuff to be honest. Where is it being held, it sounds really good.

Good luck, I hope you find some comfort in this. Definately let me know how you get on.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Hi Emma,

I live in Wolverhampton and its being held at the Britannia Hotel in Wolverhampton. His website is www.simonpeters.co.uk.

It all seemed like a sign somehow. I spotted it in the paper and then checked out the website. The wording was really good and then he said if you had a lost a SON, daughter, mother, father etc.. and I wondered why he had chosen to write son first rather than the obvious, like grandparent or something then when I looked in the paper and found the date - 14th May - that was when I decided for defo to go, that was the day before we lost Cory. It will be 3years on 15th May. I am a bit scared of going but feel I should, if I could know for sure we would all be together one day I'm sure I wouldn't be so scared.

Living with anxiety is really hard but it is good to have this site to talk to others who feel the same.

Which part of the country are you?

Linda.x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information