Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's an interesting one...

Here's an interesting one...

Boy, I'm on a roll these days...

So I'm a fair-skinned and fairly thin person. Therefore, my veins have always been pretty visible, even bulgy, especially on my arms, wrists, and hands, especially when they're below heart level.

Well, lately, they seem to be bulging a little more (though of course I could also be imagining that), but they also seem asymmetrical, i.e. the pattern on the back of one hand doesn't match the other. Shouldn't these be symmetrical? Does this mean something is causing my veins to fill differently? Since I've been worried about venous/arterial impingement in my necjk/shoulder, this has me worried. Anyone else have asymmetry in the visible veins on their hands/wrists?

Re: Here's an interesting one...

hey sounds like mines i lost some weight and i notices that my veins are showing more then normal i did'nt even know i had those there anyway went to the cardiologist yesterday and ask him why is my vein like this and he said it was notthing to worry about thats normal. so if you worried have them checked out take care

Your body is not symmetrical, so I doubt your veins would be either. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi hun

**Anyone else have asymmetry in the visible veins on their hands/wrists?**

I have been slim all my life, I have veins which are NOT the same on my hands and wrists, mmm legs too. This is normal hun,

As it has allready been said, the body is not symmetrical, depending on what I am doing, my veins can pop out more. When I was acute, Mrs anxiety picked up on this and had me worried for awhile, but I know now that this is normal, hun, Mrs anxiety is playing with you, I know its dame hard for you, but please, don;t let her do this to you, your veins are normal.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Forget them they are fine.

The vein thing has been one of my 'problems' although in a slightly different way.

Your veins are not the same in each hand so don't worry about that. Mine certainly are no where near the same. In fact they couldn't be more different. I don't know why.

Anyway my problem which I posted on before was that I could see my veins. Not the bulging so much but the colour, like my skin has thinned out and gone transparent like an old person's skin. The veins in my arms are especially visable even in the top of my arms. Some are like a flurescent blue and some are purple and I also have tiny thread veins in my lower arms. I have whittled myself into a panic over this so many times but recently I have learnt to ignore them.

The latest thing my brain tried to process was the fact that when I put my left arm in the air, my right hand veins bulge, and vice versa.

Thanks all. Because of a few slightly swollen (but painless) fingers, I've been worried about something vascular. Thanks for the reassurance on this (non) issue!

I always get water retention in my hands from hot days and periods (sometimes my ring gets stuck on)

Also Im really white and my veins are soo blue and very different on each hand.
    My veins are diff to the other side all over my body and some of my veins are puffier than other parts.

This is normal

I've never had water retention issues (and it's a good bit cooler here in Chicago today). This swelling is a new one...it's pretty slight (my girlfriend didn't think she saw swelling, but the nurse at work did), and seems odd that just as I'm worried about vascular issues (veins/arteries impinged), this pops up. Maybe it's happened before and I haven't noticed. I'm a man, so the period explanation doesn't apply. I suppose that if something were seriously wrong in terms of my blood, they'd be more swollen or painful. Instead, they just seem a little puffier, but without pain (though my wrists/hands have hurt a bit lately...). No problems with use, they just look and feel a little weird.

Any idea what might cause the water retention on a day that isn't particularly hot? It was pretty hot a few nights ago when I noticed them, but my office is nice and cool, and today's pretty moderate.

hi hun

my veins are not symmetrical either.

mine get pronounced when im hot.

i did a 10 mile walk the other week and as it was hot took my boots off to cool my feet in the river. i was terrified when i saw my feet. the veins stuck out loads, like someone with varicous veins, but round my ankles.

after a cool dip they were back to normal.

lol

our bodies are scarey sometimes

take care

milly xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information