Thread: Brain MRI @ 5.30pm

Brain MRI @ 5.30pm

Right. So i am not too scared about the "tunnel", i use to use tanning beds, and i am thinking (convincing myself) that it can't be that much different.

However, what i am scared of is A) Having the dye injected which can cause an allergic reaction and B) The not discussed effects of having one. I have read MANY accounts of people who've had a brain MRI saying that they feel a 'pulling' and 'pressure' feeling in their heads. GREAT! Something else that i have found is that a lot of people say they go in feeling FINE and come out feeling sick, extremely dizzy and have a migraine, wonderful!

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Brain MRI @ 5.30pm

Hiya Belle
    I understand your fears hun but im sure everything will go well
    JUst make sure you go home have a relaxing bath to get the tension out of you and lie on the sette and rest for the remainder of the evening.
    I just want to wish you all the best today and i hope it all goes smoothly for you.

ill be thinking of you
    take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxx

I had a brain Mri, and i'm scared to go in lay down tanning beds which close fearing i might not be able to get out at the end of the session like in the film final destinaton 3.
    I was ok cos it is fairly open, there is alot of noise from it like mild machine gun noise to me, I never felt dizzy afterwards but everyone is different think you lay fairly flat which may cause some people to be dizzy, I never had to have a dye injected into me not sure how this works.

I had to have a CAT scan & I was so scared but the nurses were lovely & talked me through everything. Don't be afraid, just tell them how you are feeling & they will talk you through it. Best of luck. xxx

Hi Belle, will be thinking of you, let us know how it went, everyone is different, ive had a completely different test where I had dye injected , was terrified but was OK,.
    Easier said than done but try not to worry, xx
    Last edited by alexis; 07-08-08 at 16:13. Reason: rubbish typing,

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Hi Belle,
    If the scan is today you're probably on your way , but anyway The radiographer should offer you ear plugs or head phones to listen to music while the scan is goin on.
    They should also ask if you are allergic to anything with Iodine such as shell fish , if you are or have allergies such as asthma, hay fever or eczema they will use a non Iodine based dye.
    Don't worry they'll take good care of you and it will soon be over.
    As a matter of interest,what are they scanning you for ?
    Best wishes
    Decca.

good luck belle,
    are you having this done to see if your anxiety is in any way connected with a problem
    you think lies in your brain?

if so i would be interested to hear how it went,as i am thinking of having something similar.
    Last edited by pete69; 09-08-08 at 14:39.

Thread Information